Multi-ring not working for Ooma to Ooma calls

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
vready
Multi-ring not working for Ooma to Ooma calls

Post by vready » Wed May 13, 2009 2:03 pm

I have enabled multi-ring, and it works perfectly to simultaneously ring my cell phone when I receive incoming calls at home, however, I'm finding that multi-ring does not work when the call originates from another Ooma phone number (my parents and in-laws both use Ooma, too).

Is this a known issue? If so, is there any timeframe for correcting it?

Feel free to contact me for further information if you need to know the specific phone numbers involved.

Thanks,
Vince

mjv5864

Re: Multi-ring not working for Ooma to Ooma calls

Post by mjv5864 » Thu May 14, 2009 12:09 pm

I believe I am having the same problem.

Bobby B
Ooma Moderator

Post by Bobby B » Fri May 22, 2009 8:43 am

Multi-Ring doesn't call forward if the caller is an ooma phone number. I'll update the beta note with this limitation.

We're working on removing this limitation, but I don't have a time frame yet on when we'll see this fixed out in the field.
Bobby B

iSEPIC

Post by iSEPIC » Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:31 pm

I'm not sure if this qualifies as Ooma to Ooma - but I noticed the same thing when I have Google Voice fwd all of its calls to my Ooma line, Ooma will not multi-ring my cell phone. If I call my Ooma line direct, it does. Is Ooma and Google Voice numbers the same bucket where it's restircted for multi-ring?

cmeisel

Post by cmeisel » Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:22 am

Any plans to remove this limitation soon ? I have convinced my mother and father in law to switch to ooma, 4 of my best friends, my wife's sister so by now most people are on Ooma. I would like this limitation to be gone. The more Ooma grows the more of a problem this becomes.

sunfun

Post by sunfun » Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:37 pm

:x UNBELIEVABLE!! One of the biggest reasons i went with this product was to setup the multi ring. I've used it for almost 3 months with only a few glitches that were resolved. So i pitched it to my friends and they now have Ooma. And as you all know, now my muti ring is worthless to 90% of the people i talk to, so i have to give them each ALL of my numbers and they have to call around for me. And, the Ooma rep just told me she never heard of this and will bring it up in the next meeting! Isn't this thread like a year old? PATHETIC product that doesn't work as advertised! I'm hoping that i can refund from Costco before my 90 days, and YES i will be apologizing to my friends and work with them to refund too. Google Voice, Vonage, or Skype is now looking good!

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:00 pm

sunfun, although I'd like Ooma to remove this limitation as well but I think you are being overly critical.
You are going to apologize to your friends for what? Not answering the phone every single time they call?
There are plenty of workarounds. You can hand out GV # or simply get your Ooma VMs forwarded to your cell. If your friends want to get a hold of you bad enough, they will leave a VM.

pcslave

Post by pcslave » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:42 am

I'd like to echo SunFuns concerns. Switching to Ooma, I was really counting on multi-ring. A few of my important contacts are also Ooma customers, and since multi-ring doesn't work for calls originating from other Ooma numbers, it's not a feature I can count on. Given how old this thread is, I guess Ooma doesn't view this limitation as a big deal. But it's a problem for me.

southsound

Post by southsound » Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:47 pm

@vready
Please consider choosing a different avatar than the ooma logo. Normally, only ooma employees (moderators) use the logo and it can cause confusion to others because they think you are an ooma employee when you post.

Thanks for your consideration and welcome to ooma.
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.

EA PA

Post by EA PA » Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:37 pm

southsound wrote:@vready
Please consider choosing a different avatar than the ooma logo. Normally, only ooma employees (moderators) use the logo and it can cause confusion to others because they think you are an ooma employee when you post.

Thanks for your consideration and welcome to ooma.
HA! - had me at first... ;)

you think vready is still around from 2009?
Customer Since: 12/2010
Telecom Equipment: 1 Telo, 1 Handset, (4) Dect 6 Uniden DECT1580-4WXTPT
IN THE MONEY: 09/2011
Poor Legacy Carrier: Frontier