Multi-Ring Bug - Call Waiting Fails

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
Deven
Multi-Ring Bug - Call Waiting Fails

Post by Deven » Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:39 am

I have been experiencing an issue where call waiting was no longer working, and incoming calls would hear a busy signal when I was on the line already. It turned out that it was due to the multi-ring feature. After I disabled it, call waiting was back to normal.

*UPDATE*
I tried re-enabling multi-ring again and call waiting works now...weird. One thing I might add is that multi-ring did not work for me earlier right when you guys launched it. I had kept my multi-ring enabled till just before, and I had not seen it work until today. Maybe disabling/enabling it refreshed the ooma device somehow? Well glad both features are working now.

Keep the new features rolling along ooma!

Bobby B
Ooma Moderator

Re: Multi-Ring Bug - Call Waiting Fails

Post by Bobby B » Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:06 pm

Thanks for the report - we do have an outstanding bug with Multi-Ring changes not sticking when there's an "&" character in the ooma Lounge user's caller-ID name, but you shouldn't be affected by that. If this problem comes back, please let us know and we'll take a look.

-Bobby
Bobby B

tmf

Post by tmf » Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:41 am

THUR 11/13 APRROX. 10:30AM PACIFIC (SoCA).

My ooma call logs are not showing and multi ring isnt working? anyone else having same problem?

Mark

Post by Mark » Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:21 pm

Yes, while multi-ring worked for a while, it stopped working. I will try to disable and enable, but this lack of reliability is a liability for my work. Call log also lacks some calls also.

von

Post by von » Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:27 am

Mark wrote:Yes, while multi-ring worked for a while, it stopped working. I will try to disable and enable, but this lack of reliability is a liability for my work. Call log also lacks some calls also.

Same here, no more Multi-Ring though it did work for almost 1 week

Update.....

I cleared my number, unchecked both boxes (disabling the feature), and saved the settings. logged out of the Ooma lounge, logged back in and re-enable the feature replacing the number...

Now it works again

Mark

Post by Mark » Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:42 pm

Hmmm. I tried your suggestion about disabling...twice.. it did not work. Then I reconfigured to forward to a different number....that didn't work. Then I put my original number back in....it worked. To me it does seems like the software needed to be reset...but how? My call log still is not picking up calls however. That I don't really care about. I hope (and am trying to feel pretty sure about it) that Ooma will work out the bugs.

Mark

Post by Mark » Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:39 pm

Well, ..... after getting it to work, I made a call to someone else, and then had them call me back...this was about 45 minutes later...did not call forward.

Bobby B
Ooma Moderator

Post by Bobby B » Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:06 pm

We're taking a look at these Multi-Ring issues that you've reported. So far, we haven't been able to reproduce the problem in-house so we'll likely be reaching out to two or three of you that are experiencing this problem.

I think I've been able to reproduce the call Log problem not recording all calls - I'll send an update when I have more information.
Bobby B

Bobby B
Ooma Moderator

Post by Bobby B » Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:28 pm

Ok, we think we've been able to narrow down the problem with the call logs. We're working on getting out a fix for early next week.
Bobby B

Bobby B
Ooma Moderator

Post by Bobby B » Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:00 am

Just a FYI - the fix for the call logs problem went live yesterday. If you report not seeing your call logs again, please let us know.
Bobby B