Unkown or Unavailable Calls

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
kbsimmon
Unkown or Unavailable Calls

Post by kbsimmon » Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:10 pm

I set up anonymous call block but what about Unknown or Unavailable Calls.
Still get them and when I try to block them, I am unable to. Seems you need to have a visable number before it can blocked. Example, I receive an unknown number, I picked it up and it was chief of police organization looking for donations. Any Suggestions how I can make them show a number so I can block them?

murphy

Re: Unkown or Unavailable Calls

Post by murphy » Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:41 pm

If there is no caller ID, let it go to voice mail. If it's someone that really wants to talk to you they will leave a message and identify themselves. If it's someone wanting money, they will hang up without leaving a message.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

Bobby B
Ooma Moderator

Re: Unkown or Unavailable Calls

Post by Bobby B » Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:10 pm

Hi kbsimmon,

ACB should block "Unknown" or "Unavailable" callers.

Are you using ooma with a landline that has caller-ID enabled? Right now ACB (and blacklisting, multi-Ring) does not work on landline phone numbers, however we should be introducing support for these features on landlines hopefully within a few weeks.

Thanks,
Bobby
kbsimmon wrote:I set up anonymous call block but what about Unknown or Unavailable Calls.
Still get them and when I try to block them, I am unable to. Seems you need to have a visable number before it can blocked. Example, I receive an unknown number, I picked it up and it was chief of police organization looking for donations. Any Suggestions how I can make them show a number so I can block them?
Bobby B