Basic Land Line Service

Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
mrbig
Basic Land Line Service

Post by mrbig » Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:52 am

My basic land line service only allows for a set number of calls before extra charges kick in. I'm a bit concerned that my bill will go up seeing that ooma uses my line for others to make local calls in my area. Should I be worried?

Dennis P
Ooma Moderator

Re: Basic Land Line Service

Post by Dennis P » Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:45 am

No need to be worried. ooma will only send your own calls over a metered line. As you long as you stay under the threshold, your bill should not be affected. If you make a lot of local calls and go over the threshold, we can configure your system to route your local calls over ooma. But we'd prefer to get the maximum "free" usage out of the landline. :)

hoj

Post by hoj » Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:47 am

Dennis P wrote:No need to be worried. ooma will only send your own calls over a metered line. As you long as you stay under the threshold, your bill should not be affected. If you make a lot of local calls and go over the threshold, we can configure your system to route your local calls over ooma. But we'd prefer to get the maximum "free" usage out of the landline. :)
Now I am concerned. I just activated my service yesterday and today I called Verizon to cut my service back to basic which only includes 25 cents for outgoing calls. If ooma uses my landline at all for "free" usage, I will have a problem. I thought all calls would have ooma's unlimited calling overlaid onto my landline.

Bobby B
Ooma Moderator

Post by Bobby B » Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:30 am

Hi hoj,

Please feel free to give ooma Support a call and we can configure your ooma system appropriately to avoid any extra Verizon landline call charges.

Thanks,
Bobby
Bobby B