Something on your mind? Want to give us feedback on something in particular or everything in general? Tell us how we are doing!
scoutconnor

Post by scoutconnor » Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:55 pm

A feature to forward a call to another phone if and only if the Ooma device is not connected to the network, such as during a power outage
Last edited by scoutconnor on Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

skellener

Post by skellener » Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:01 am

scoutconnor wrote:A feature to forward a call to another phone if and only if the Ooma device is not connedted to the network, such as during a power outage
That would be great!

wb22

Post by wb22 » Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:15 pm

I would like to see this feature.

writedunes

Post by writedunes » Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:22 am

I would also like to see this feature, please. It could be set up by Ooma as a "no answer call forward" (after X rings), or "unreachable call forward".

scoutconnor

Post by scoutconnor » Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:07 pm

writedunes wrote:I would also like to see this feature, please. It could be set up by Ooma as a "no answer call forward" (after X rings), or "unreachable call forward".
My original intent was that if someone lost internet that they would still be reachable. your ideas are great but most likely ooma would classify them as "Premier" features and I do not want to pay $99 a year for that one feature. I hope that my original idea would just be a "Core" feature

scots

Post by scots » Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:22 am

I would love to see the "call forward if offline" feature as well. Ooma is the first VoIP service I've ever used that doesn't have this feature. I think it's an awesome feature, so you can still receive calls even if your power or internet goes out. I always had mine forward to my cell phone with my previous VoIP providers.

dshinnick

Post by dshinnick » Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:03 am

Agreed! VERY important, so that if we're out and about, or out of the area, and there's any kind of problem which would knock our Hubs offline, that we receive phone calls.

JoePublic

Post by JoePublic » Thu Dec 25, 2008 12:42 am

I definitely agree with this feature. Our ooma service has been off-and-on tonight, December 24. We still have our land line now, but won't after the porting is complete. I don't want to not be able to receive a call. Reliability of service is probably the most critical feature of any phone service. This feature would provide an added layer of reliability to the overall ooma seervice.

sunrisepostal

Post by sunrisepostal » Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:33 pm

I also want this future Because I like to port my Business number to Ooma but i don't want to miss any call come if my hub is offline for some reason.

rbuck

Post by rbuck » Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:06 pm

very good idea, but I dont know that its technically feasible depends on if they can gen the forward at their central location, would be nice tho to predefine the number for your cell, set the Inactivity timeout for it to auto forward... 15 minutes? 30 minutes? Then remove the forward when your Hub is back online.

Would also be nice if the system sent an email when it auto-forwarded or auto-reversed.