Update to ooma Lounge

Problems using My Ooma? Ideas on how we can make it better? You’ve come to the right place.
gbickel1
Re: Update to ooma Lounge

Post by gbickel1 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:12 pm

thbjr wrote:
Bobby B wrote:Yep, we had to remove the additional treatments because we discovered a few of our announcement servers had not been upgraded. We're scheduling those to be upgraded within the next week or two and then we'll turn the two new treatments back on.
Has it been a week or two yet? I still don't see any additional options. I would also like to see a 'gray' list. I get "important information" calls via auto dialer from my employer. I want to hear them, just not in the middle of diner. It would be nice to be able to send some callers to voicemail and others blocked completely.
I loved that 'hang up and deposit 25 cents' option, ROFL.
I second this. There are certain callers that I too want to just send to voicemail, and some that I want blocked completely. Right now, I send my blacklist to VM.

Bobby B
Ooma Moderator

Post by Bobby B » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:17 am

Better late than never! These were finally released:

Release notes
bw1 wrote:2 new treatments? What was the 2nd one?
Bobby B

bw1

Post by bw1 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:23 am

Thanks, I just updated to the Number Disconnected Message.

I'm curious why the same options are not available for Anonymous Call Block?

Bobby B
Ooma Moderator

Post by Bobby B » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:43 am

Good Question --

The reason we added the two new treatments was to offer two new ways to block callers without actually revealing to the caller they're on your blacklist.

At first we were going to make the same treatments for ACB calls, but we thought in some cases you might receive anonymous calls from people you don't necessarily want to throw down a complete "black hole".

The ACB "Call Blocked Message", should be able to cover anonymous calls from both telemarketers and legitimate callers since it says "The person you are calling does not accept calls from private numbers, to unblock your caller-ID, hang up and dial *82 followed by the number."
Bobby B

bw1

Post by bw1 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:30 pm

I didn't think of that, that's a good reason.

Is there somewhere that we can hear the messages that are played, besides trying to block our own (cell or other) phone?

Bobby B
Ooma Moderator

Post by Bobby B » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:09 pm

Right now you can only hear the messages if you block your own number.

I think I can dig up the sound files used to generate the messages and upload them to the help or blog.
Bobby B

crusader

Post by crusader » Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:59 am

Bobby B wrote:The reason we added the two new treatments was to offer two new ways to block callers without actually revealing to the caller they're on your blacklist.

At first we were going to make the same treatments for ACB calls, but we thought in some cases you might receive anonymous calls from people you don't necessarily want to throw down a complete "black hole"."
Why don't you allow user to decide whether he wants to send anonymous callers "down the hole" or not? If you are so convinced that this is bad idea -- add a warning on the webpage. I was looking to use this feature today and to my surprise found that selection is reduced for anonymous calls (as it turned out for completely insubstantial reasons, imho)

Another thing that ticked me off was that today I discovered that my spam-related options were reset for some reason -- I always used "call disconnected" setting, but this morning discovered them reset to "call blocked". Can you guys stop doing these things, pls?

southsound

Post by southsound » Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:18 am

Please don't take this negatively, but do you realize that the thread to which you are commenting on had its last post exactly 1 year and 1 day prior to your post? If something has happened recently, it might be better to start a new thread that would be viewed by many including the good folks at ooma.
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.

crusader

Post by crusader » Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:46 pm

lol, did not noticed year 2009. As a good citizen when coming to forum I used search first and found a thread dated Aug 14 that perfectly fit my problem.
Personally I see no difference between reanimating old thread vs creating fresh one as long as they are about the same thing, but since you insist next time I will create a new one :-)

southsound

Post by southsound » Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:49 pm

crusader wrote:lol, did not noticed year 2009. As a good citizen when coming to forum I used search first and found a thread dated Aug 14 that perfectly fit my problem.
Personally I see no difference between reanimating old thread vs creating fresh one as long as they are about the same thing, but since you insist next time I will create a new one :-)
Actually, I don't insist - it's fine to use a existing thread and I have often done the same. It's just that if a person wants background they have to wade through 3 pages of posts, many of which have been addressed. You were indeed a good citizen - my only thought was that you might get more responses from a new thread.

And you know what they say about raccoons - they got less authority than the janitor that got fired for taking too many breaks. Actually, maybe that janitor was a raccoon. :P
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.