How to cancel

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
akajustm
How to cancel

Post by akajustm » Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:28 pm

I am returning my equipment tomorrow and wanted to know what I needed to do to cancel the account. I am currently within the trial so I know they don't have my billing info, but I assume that they would like the number freed up so... I can't find a close account link anywhere. Do I just return the equipment and let it go?

Groundhound

Re: How to cancel

Post by Groundhound » Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:49 pm

I wouldn't worry about the account, just return the equipment. Just out of curiosity, was there an issue you couldn't get resolved to your satisfaction?

akajustm

Post by akajustm » Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:53 pm

Well we need to use the scout and much like a number of other people the static coming from the ooma side of the call, is just not acceptable. So I called comcast again and got an actual helpful rep who reduced our phone rate to an acceptable level so we will just stay with them for now. Maybe with the Telo coming out, the issue would be moot and we can try again.
Will just return the equipment and send support an email to let them know I guess. Thanks for the reply.

but2002

Post by but2002 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:05 pm

roadchild wrote:Well we need to use the scout and much like a number of other people the static coming from the ooma side of the call, is just not acceptable. So I called comcast again and got an actual helpful rep who reduced our phone rate to an acceptable level so we will just stay with them for now. Maybe with the Telo coming out, the issue would be moot and we can try again.
Will just return the equipment and send support an email to let them know I guess. Thanks for the reply.

You don't have to use the scout. You could just connect the "Phone" port to the house wiring, and the Hub will power the entire house, but you will only be able to access the features of the hub/scout at the hub unit itself.

akajustm

Post by akajustm » Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:11 pm

Well we need 2 phone numbers so we do need the scout.

bw1

Post by bw1 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:43 pm

Did you try plugging the scout directly into the hub? That's how I've used it and it worked fine for me. I still have to use two different cordless phones but we are able to use both lines at the same time and it works well.

I'm curious, how much does Comcast charge for 2 lines?

If you do decide to return it hopefully you'll get the Telo and have better luck.

akajustm

Post by akajustm » Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:00 pm

We can't plug it in directly, the jack needs to be clear across the house from where the hub is. If we could we would. Plus we have coded/cordless combos and use the corded phones so the scout is a must have.
We will keep out eye out for the Telo and hope that it can provide a solution.
Comcast, well we were bundled for $179 internet/cable/2 phone lines and it went up to $229 this month. We called and being in Denver with little to no competition, they refused to do much of anything. The would give us a package for $179 again but dropping us to basic cable so we started looking at options. I called back today after the scout experiment and got someone who actually wanted to help. Our entire bundle is now $117 with multiple premium channels. So we ended up getting more for less which is quite honestly amazing. I think the phone lines break down to $30 for both, with unpublished listings, caller ID block and all the other features. So while it's not cheap, with us having to pay $10 a month for Ooma and the initial outlay, it's not terrible.
But again, I hope that Ooma is here to stay and we will be watching for the Telo.
Thanks you guys for offering all the suggestions.

Bobby B
Ooma Moderator

Post by Bobby B » Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:44 am

You can still only use the just the Hub with two numbers (just add the number under "Shared").

If you want to take advantage of the Instant Second Line, you'll need a Scout, however.

Also, I'd give a call to support if you're going to cancel. It'll prevent you from getting any further account notifications and also helps us free up resources.
roadchild wrote:Well we need 2 phone numbers so we do need the scout.
Bobby B