Outgoing caller ID still says "Ooma"

Got something else to discuss that is not covered by the previous forums? Post it here!
oomauser
Outgoing caller ID still says "Ooma"

Post by oomauser » Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:14 pm

I've had the system for about 2 weeks now and anytime I make a call, the caller ID information on the other user says "Ooma" - I've checked my profile settings in the lounge and when I click on my number, it says my name as "Name displayed on outbound calls"

Is there anything I can do to fix this? I'd like the people I'm calling to know that I am calling.

dmlanger

Re: Outgoing caller ID still says "Ooma"

Post by dmlanger » Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:36 pm

Are we able to change what it says for certain numbers? One of my lines i use for my in home office but I don't want my name listed but rather my business name.

Dennis P
Ooma Moderator

Post by Dennis P » Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:58 pm

oomauser wrote:I've had the system for about 2 weeks now and anytime I make a call, the caller ID information on the other user says "Ooma" - I've checked my profile settings in the lounge and when I click on my number, it says my name as "Name displayed on outbound calls"

Is there anything I can do to fix this? I'd like the people I'm calling to know that I am calling.
Did you port your number? If not, you should check with customer service to see why your name update hasn't gone through. If you have ported your number, it can take a couple of weeks for change to complete.

Dennis P
Ooma Moderator

Post by Dennis P » Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:59 pm

dmlanger wrote:Are we able to change what it says for certain numbers? One of my lines i use for my in home office but I don't want my name listed but rather my business name.
Yes, you can call customer service and they can change the caller-ID name for you.

scoutconnor

Post by scoutconnor » Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:47 pm

Dennis P wrote:
dmlanger wrote:Are we able to change what it says for certain numbers? One of my lines i use for my in home office but I don't want my name listed but rather my business name.
Yes, you can call customer service and they can change the caller-ID name for you.
Does the change of Caller-ID cost anything?