Re: ooma Service Status

Stay informed with the latest ooma feature updates and service status. Note: New Topics cannot be created in this forum.
Deven

Post by Deven » Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:24 pm

Still down in NYC =T. Would appreciate a status page in the future and a detailed explanation for what happened Ooma. Thanks.

lohertz

Post by lohertz » Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:26 pm

Deven wrote:Still down in NYC =T. Would appreciate a status page in the future and a detailed explanation for what happened Ooma. Thanks.
Its the first post on this thread

nitecourt

Post by nitecourt » Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:28 pm

Still down and out in Erie, PA. That's VOIP. Been through it many times with ViaTalk, MagicJack, Vonage and the defunct SunRocket. I didn't want to talk to anyone anyway.

bdot

Post by bdot » Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:30 pm

I just got home here in NC and I saw the red flashing light. I was worried my cable or internet was out. Luckily it's just the phone. I never use the phone so it's not a big loss.

I work for a phone company and work in the maintenance center for data lines. I've learned not to get frustrated by outages. There is only so much you can do in some cases. I know cause customer sometime complain to me when their service is down for days. They have a hard time understanding that not everything can be fixed by just nodding your head. Sometimes something is physically cut like a fiber line and you ain't coming up till they can get that fixed or if you are lucky and there is a way to alt-route things.

I'm quite sure whatever it is will be fixed. Given that this is only the 1st time I have lost service since I got the phone at the beginning of the year, I'm not worried. It's got a better track record than my cable and internet. *laughs*

duckwingduck

Post by duckwingduck » Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:32 pm

Been an user since the white rabbit days and I just gotta say, keep some perspective y'all! It sucks that the service is down and has been for most of the day (and hey, I can sympathise, I use it for work & home stuff) and while it's been a pain in the @$$, it's not the end of the world. As someone mentioned above, with what I've spent on ooma v legacy or even another VOIP provider, ooma's service has been outstanding.

This is the first major outage since pretty much the first time I plugged my hub to the internets, so, you know, take a deep breath.

dinks100

Post by dinks100 » Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:33 pm

Red lights in Everett WA.

brbiz

Post by brbiz » Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:35 pm

Same here in Minnesota. I thought it was me. No wonder (after several internet/modem/router reboots) I still don't have ooma phone service. At least I know what's up. Also explains the busy signal at customer support number.

I am very happy with ooma. This is the first outage I have experienced in 6 months of having the device.

Brad

okypinoky

Post by okypinoky » Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:35 pm

lohertz wrote:
Deven wrote:Still down in NYC =T. Would appreciate a status page in the future and a detailed explanation for what happened Ooma. Thanks.
Its the first post on this thread
You are joking, right?? The Service Interruption was "posted" Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:48 pm.

No one can help outages.
Crap happens.
Things are back up when they are back up.

But stupidity like not updating the simple date of their service post - that is totally inexcusable. Period.

Not complaining - just don't make excuses for them.

That info should be right on their USERS "home page" (i.e. after you log in). Kind of like MobileMe (and we all know what kind of mess they can be!!!)

bob35614

Post by bob35614 » Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:36 pm

First time its went out in almost 2 years for us.

okypinoky

Post by okypinoky » Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:36 pm

duckwingduck wrote:Been an user since the white rabbit days and I just gotta say, keep some perspective y'all! It sucks that the service is down and has been for most of the day (and hey, I can sympathise, I use it for work & home stuff) and while it's been a pain in the @$$, it's not the end of the world. As someone mentioned above, with what I've spent on ooma v legacy or even another VOIP provider, ooma's service has been outstanding.

This is the first major outage since pretty much the first time I plugged my hub to the internets, so, you know, take a deep breath.

Here, here!