Re: ooma Service Status

Stay informed with the latest ooma feature updates and service status. Note: New Topics cannot be created in this forum.
Tangaroa

Post by Tangaroa » Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:47 pm

Dennis Peng of Ooma has an update about the service outage on the Ooma Blog which you can read at the following link:

http://blog.ooma.com/2009/04/13/about-t ... ce-outage/

As for preventing another outage like this from occurring in the future, Dennis offers this statement-
Rest assured that we are taking this outage very seriously. Discussions have already started on how to make the service resilient to a similar event in the future. ooma currently has one data center located in west coast. We have planned to light up a second data center in the midwest or east coast this year, and this outage has served as a stark reminder for us to get moving on that. This has also served as a good opportunity for us to re-evaluate our contingency and business continuity plans.

We know that phone service is critical function that everyone relies on. We apologize for the outage this afternoon and thank you for your patience as we work through some growing pains.

marcw

Post by marcw » Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:04 pm

On 100% South Georgia (Douglas) T3 Communications, Great working with my friends @ ooma

leebase

Post by leebase » Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:34 pm

Of course it's a bummer to lose service but I appreciate your diligent efforts to keep us informed and to get back online.

I would recommend an email alert in the future. I don't regularly check the blog and I don't "twitter".

Perhaps the thread alert was to be the email alert -- I'd prefer a straight up "we are experiencing service difficulties....and here's a link to a status page you can keep tabs on".

Still a loyal customer.

Lee

thively

Post by thively » Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:56 pm

I had to power cycle the hub. After rebooting it's back online.
Last edited by thively on Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Dennis P
Ooma Moderator

Post by Dennis P » Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:24 pm

Can you check the phone line connected to the ooma Hub? The play and fast forward buttons indicate that that the ooma box is not detecting the landline and that will prevent the device from going into service. If the phone line is plugged in and is functioning, you should get regular dialtone when you pick up your phone (even though the box is not in service). Do you have a port in progress?
billsingh wrote:Ok Gents...still down.. Rebooted many times.

myxprov.ooma.com Pingable
vpn.ooma.com Pingable
syslog.ooma.com cannot ping

Rebooted the router....reboot ooma...same shit...still down....

RCH

Post by RCH » Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:50 am

Scott R wrote:
Brad wrote: I know that Ooma doesn't want to air their dirty laundry to the public, but I really think there should be a dedicated page on the site keeping people abreast of the status of these problems, rather than having to hunt down a thread in the forums.
There is. Go to the main board index and one of the boards is for Software updates and system status. OOMA started detailing the problem and what was up and what was down at 11:00 am yesterday. They were updating the status about every hour.
RCH

georose

Post by georose » Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:57 am

Still flashing red this morning, did a reboot of the ooma and we are good to go.

t4feb

Post by t4feb » Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:04 am

All is back up and running in South Carolina.
GOOD WORK OOMA
Terry

ravi105

Post by ravi105 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:24 am

Still down in Tampa, FL at 8:20am. Once this goes over 24 hours, I'm returning my Ooma paperweight to Costco. Good thing I gave everyone my Google Voice so porting won't be an issue. I can't keep taking these risks to save a couple bucks with a sick elderly parent at home. Good luck to those still without service.

mrjagster

Post by mrjagster » Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:44 am

It's a blue day in Jacksonville, Fl. Thanks OOMA!
ooma customer since September 2007
ooma hardware: Telo
Lifetime Premier Member