Re: ooma Service Status

Stay informed with the latest ooma feature updates and service status. Note: New Topics cannot be created in this forum.
kradoom
Re: Comments from April 13th 09 Outage

Post by kradoom » Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:29 am

hmm was red when I woke up... and then it turned blue automatically... so strange O_O.......

BigFrank

Post by BigFrank » Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:37 am

mlnj wrote:It appears ooma is down yet again today.
I thought this was fixed yesterday!
What's the excuse today?
Instead of looking for an excuse, have you attempted to remedy the problem by at least trying the fix that seems to have worked just fine for me and some others? That might be a prudent "first-step."

Oh, if you really need an excuse, how about, "It's not a perfect world, we live in."

Frank

lizalewis

Post by lizalewis » Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:38 am

Flashing red in Prescott, AZ

WayneDsr

Post by WayneDsr » Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:49 am

Try turning it off and wait a minute or 2 and turn back on. I did this and I'm blue.

Wayne

parmenides

Post by parmenides » Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:55 am

BigFrank wrote:
What's the excuse today?
Instead of looking for an excuse, have you attempted to remedy the problem by at least trying the fix that seems to have worked just fine for me and some others? That might be a prudent "first-step."

Oh, if you really need an excuse, how about, "It's not a perfect world, we live in."

Frank
To BigFrank and the other "just reboot it" enthusiasts:

Outside of the forums ooma has acknowledged that there is a problem with the network providing service to machines which register our hub devices. There is currently a finger-pointing match on between ooma and their data center provider, though.

http://www.bizjournals.com/sanfrancisco ... ily35.html

So, it appears as though access to the registration servers is intermittent. That means, until the problem gets fixed a reboot may work, or it may not. When you reboot you may get lucky and get through at that particular time to a registration server. You may not. You may register successfully, and then lose connectivity at a later time. This is happening to people, too.

We're still awaiting any kind of update on service status through official channels. This is the thing that is most frustrating, I think.

No one thinks that the world is perfect. Everyone knows that ooma is just a little more than a start-up. Everyone participating in these forums wants ooma to succeed. That's why we're here. Maybe some constructive criticism from the user base will prompt some positive change.

tjnamtiw

Post by tjnamtiw » Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:00 am

parmenides wrote:
BigFrank wrote:
What's the excuse today?

Frank
To BigFrank and the other "just reboot it" enthusiasts:

Outside of the forums ooma has acknowledged that there is a problem with the network providing service to machines which register our hub devices. There is currently a finger-pointing match on between ooma and their data center provider, though.

http://www.bizjournals.com/sanfrancisco ... ily35.html

So, it appears as though access to the registration servers is intermittent. That means, until the problem gets fixed a reboot may work, or it may not. When you reboot you may get lucky and get through at that particular time to a registration server. You may not. You may register successfully, and then lose connectivity at a later time. This is happening to people, too.

We're still awaiting any kind of update on service status through official channels. This is the thing that is most frustrating, I think.

No one thinks that the world is perfect. Everyone knows that ooma is just a little more than a start-up. Everyone participating in these forums wants ooma to succeed. That's why we're here. Maybe some constructive criticism from the user base will prompt some positive change.
Amen, instead of crying and threatening to get rid of ooma, how about telling the world that ooma is much better than Ma Bell, so we can keep our service?? One outage situation in 6 months, as some have stated, does not make for a bad situation.
As for the post that quoted the pissing contest between the service provider and ooma, I found it strange that if it was just ooma, then why was my DSL running at 168k yesterday?????? There was an internet problem somewhere.

WayneDsr

Post by WayneDsr » Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:02 am

70% of the people in this forum today are not ever here helping others out with issues. They are onlly here to cry and complain. When all is well they go away and you never hear from them again until there is another reason to complain.
Yes, constructive criticism is great, but the whining is not.

ooma is having issues, ooma will fix.
I'm fully confident in the company.

Wayne

DeadEyeDave

Post by DeadEyeDave » Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:03 am

I got the scout going again. I unplugged all 3 wires and intentionally crossed the 2 phone cables into the wrong ports, and plugged in the power. After it went thru the startup, the signal indicated crossed wires, as it should have. Then I unplugged everything again and put all 3 wires in their proper location, it booted up and went to blue tab. This worked somehow.
Dennis P wrote:The first thing to do is eliminate the wiring as a variable. If you can, please relocate the Scout so that it is adjacent to the Hub and use a short phone cable to connect the WALL port of the Hub (you may need to use a splitter if you have a phone line plugged into the Hub) to the WALL port of the Scout. If the Scout doesn't come up in that scenario, then there is possibly a hardware problem with the Hub or the Scout, or both.
DeadEyeDave wrote:Thanks Murphy but I already did that. All wiring is exactly as it was when the Scout was working. Any other ideas?

parmenides

Post by parmenides » Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:07 am

tjnamtiw wrote: As for the post that quoted the pissing contest between the service provider and ooma, I found it strange that if it was just ooma, then why was my DSL running at 168k yesterday?????? There was an internet problem somewhere.
Sir, I can confidently say that ooma's problem with their datacenter provider has no correlation with your slow dsl connection. Or the current temperature of your home. Or, your fuzzy TV reception. Or anything else that may have been going wrong with the electronics where you are.

lonesailor

Post by lonesailor » Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:10 am

tjnamtiw wrote:
Amen, instead of crying and threatening to get rid of ooma, how about telling the world that ooma is much better than Ma Bell, so we can keep our service?? One outage situation in 6 months, as some have stated, does not make for a bad situation.
As for the post that quoted the pissing contest between the service provider and ooma, I found it strange that if it was just ooma, then why was my DSL running at 168k yesterday?????? There was an internet problem somewhere.
At least you didn't meltdown in this post as bad as your earlier posts...good job getting a hold of yourself.

Rebooting did not bring the service back up today BigFrank, it just came back up. Pure coincedence that was proven by the three times mine was cycled before even coming on here to find the real problem. Typically a reboot will fix most of the problems I have had.

I just think that the implication that anyone that comes on here and says their service is down is a 'whiner' is unfounded.