Re: ooma Service Status

Stay informed with the latest ooma feature updates and service status. Note: New Topics cannot be created in this forum.
sunrisepostal

Post by sunrisepostal » Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:07 am

ravi105 wrote:Still down in Tampa, FL at 8:20am. Once this goes over 24 hours, I'm returning my Ooma paperweight to Costco. Good thing I gave everyone my Google Voice so porting won't be an issue. I can't keep taking these risks to save a couple bucks with a sick elderly parent at home. Good luck to those still without service.
i think you are only one is down
check your internet power off your ooma hub for about one full minuet then turn back on you should be fine if still dose not work post your setting for hub.

Kyle

Post by Kyle » Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:22 am

Hello:

Still down in Ohio. Need help

Power cycled hub 10 times. Waited over 10 minutes each time.
Internet is working. Road Runner and Linksys WRT610N work fine.
No lights on at all on HUB, Even when I remove power for 10 minutes and plug it back in. (checked light switch on side of HUB, it is on Max)

Scouts have Red light flashing.

No dial tone, No lights, No idea what next step is to do.

Will call OOMA today to check. Just seeing if anyone has an idea for me to try.

Thanks in advance if you have the magic pixy dust to make it working.

K

ixnayus

Post by ixnayus » Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:26 am

Today's outage was unacceptable. In fact, *any* outage this widespread is unacceptable.

It is painfully obvious Ooma is unable to deal with its growth, and its customers are the ones paying the price. As anyone who has attempted to contact Support this year will attest, customer service is all but non-existent, and Ooma's quality of service is inconsistent (ref. yesterday's outage).

It would be helpful if Ooma's president and/or CEO sends a message to each and every customer outlining the steps Ooma will be taking in the immediate future to a) eliminate total network outages by introducing redundant data centers, and b) shoring up customer service so that calls are answered and issues are solved.

Phone service is a critical need, and outages costs businesses like mine real money and embarrassment. Ooma needs to do everything in its power to do more than simply take our money for so-called Premium subscriptions and run.

-Steve

fishmister

Post by fishmister » Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:38 am

ixnayus wrote: It would be helpful if Ooma's president and/or CEO sends a message to each and every customer outlining the steps Ooma will be taking in the immediate future to a) eliminate total network outages by introducing redundant data centers, and b) shoring up customer service so that calls are answered and issues are solved.

-Steve
He kind of did send a message to each of us about the outage.

http://blog.ooma.com/

number9

Post by number9 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:41 am

ixnayus wrote:Today's outage was unacceptable. In fact, *any* outage this widespread is unacceptable.

It is painfully obvious Ooma is unable to deal with its growth, and its customers are the ones paying the price. As anyone who has attempted to contact Support this year will attest, customer service is all but non-existent, and Ooma's quality of service is inconsistent (ref. yesterday's outage).

Phone service is a critical need, and outages costs businesses like mine real money and embarrassment. Ooma needs to do everything in its power to do more than simply take our money for so-called Premium subscriptions and run.

-Steve
There were several 'large' companies that the outage affected,... RIM, TW, Ooma, Blue Cross, Verizon, Google Voice, Yahoo, were all down yesterday. Yes they had unexpected growth, but have had a hiring blitz and now customer service is better.
Plays PRS guitars

billsingh

Post by billsingh » Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:28 am

Still down in Nor California....

Rebooted ooma many times last night. No change.

Yes I am in the process of changing / Converting my Land line to ooma.

What to do next.

WayneDsr

Post by WayneDsr » Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:22 am

Still down in Tampa, FL at 8:20am. Once this goes over 24 hours, I'm returning my Ooma paperweight to Costco
Good post.
Bye!

Wayne

marcw

Post by marcw » Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:46 am

ALL is well in South Georgia, Love the blue light. Thanks OOMA

Dennis P
Ooma Moderator

Post by Dennis P » Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:06 am

Your port was supposed to be complete yesterday, but could not because of the outage. We've just completed it and your system should be setup correctly now. If the Hub hasn't turned blue yet, please give it one last power cycle and you should be up.
billsingh wrote:Still down in Nor California....

Rebooted ooma many times last night. No change.

Yes I am in the process of changing / Converting my Land line to ooma.

What to do next.

arlane05

Post by arlane05 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:08 am

All is blue in West Palm Beach, Thanks for a quick response time.