Re: ooma Service Status

Stay informed with the latest ooma feature updates and service status. Note: New Topics cannot be created in this forum.
Dennis P
Ooma Moderator

Post by Dennis P » Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:22 am

Here is what should happen when you plug the power into the back of the ooma Hub:

- The ooma Tab should turn orange immediately. It will stay on for approximately 1-2 seconds.
- The ooma Tab will then turn red.
- The Line 1 and Line 2 keys should turn red, then turn off.
- The Trash and Envelope keys should turn red, then turn off.
- The last row of icons should turn red, then turn off.
- The ooma Tab will start blinking red.
- The speaker will initialize, you should hear a few clicks
- A combination of keys may light up red, then turn off.
- Once all the lights are off, the ooma Tab should turn blue

Are you saying you see no lights whatsoever light up on the Hub? If so, there may be a hardware problem with the power supply or your box. The LED on the ooma Tab is not the brightest, so make sure outside light isn't washing out your view of it.
Kyle wrote:Hello:

Still down in Ohio. Need help

Power cycled hub 10 times. Waited over 10 minutes each time.
Internet is working. Road Runner and Linksys WRT610N work fine.
No lights on at all on HUB, Even when I remove power for 10 minutes and plug it back in. (checked light switch on side of HUB, it is on Max)

Scouts have Red light flashing.

No dial tone, No lights, No idea what next step is to do.

Will call OOMA today to check. Just seeing if anyone has an idea for me to try.

Thanks in advance if you have the magic pixy dust to make it working.

K

billsingh

Post by billsingh » Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:36 am

Thanks Dannis....I will check it when I get home tonight.

mspitz081387

Post by mspitz081387 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:45 am

ooma down in Norco, CA its been 4 days now!!!!! Hurry and fix the problem, i need to conduct business

oomg

Post by oomg » Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:47 am

ravi105 wrote:Still down in Tampa, FL at 8:20am. Once this goes over 24 hours, I'm returning my Ooma paperweight to Costco. Good thing I gave everyone my Google Voice so porting won't be an issue. I can't keep taking these risks to save a couple bucks with a sick elderly parent at home. Good luck to those still without service.
As I stated in a response to WestHillsCA:

"This is why a number of people have opted to retain one line with their primary carrier. I am in SoCal, not far from West Hills. When I determined that the system went down, it took all of a minute (or less) to swap one plug and voila... had phone service again. Let's face it VOIP is tied to internet service. Not necessarily perfect, but one hellofa value when compared to other primary carriers. I can retain my single ATnT line (with their "All Distance" service) and still save more than $100 per month over my prior service. Yes, it might be inconvenienct to lose the VOIP service occsionally, but it is part of the risk that I am willing to assume (at least occasional disrutptions) given the advantages.

My suggestion: retain one ATnT line (or Verizon if that is your carrier) with at least minimum service. That way you can make the necessary outbound calls and receive any calls in the event of a disruption of VOIP service."

Again, my suggestion: retain basic telephone service, particularly if using a DSL connection. Guage the overall picture by what you are saving, not by what you are spending.

My son who lives together with his family in the Northeast U.S. was operating with cell phones only. So that everyone (son, grandkids, etc.) would have access to the internet, I ordered a single basic line with basic+ DSL service (sort of a family gift). Guess what they will be receiving next... Right... an ooma system. And I will instruct him on how to set it up so as to avoid a complete disruption of phone service, barring a telco provider interruption.

oomg
oomg -- Voice Over Internet Person

I've learned a lot here... two months ago I didn't even know how to spell VOIP and now I are one.

oomg

Post by oomg » Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:50 am

mspitz081387 wrote:ooma down in Norco, CA its been 4 days now!!!!! Hurry and fix the problem, i need to conduct business
You might be experiencing other problems. Once service was back online, my system rebotted itself. Perhaps if you can describe your current situation a little better. Let's start with broadband connection.

oomg
oomg -- Voice Over Internet Person

I've learned a lot here... two months ago I didn't even know how to spell VOIP and now I are one.

mspitz081387

Post by mspitz081387 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:54 am

oomg wrote:
mspitz081387 wrote:ooma down in Norco, CA its been 4 days now!!!!! Hurry and fix the problem, i need to conduct business
You might be experiencing other problems. Once service was back online, my system rebotted itself. Perhaps if you can describe your current situation a little better. Let's start with broadband connection.

oomg

dude, my ooma just went out and the red light started blinking, i have sbc dsl. it has always worked 1st time it went out. I have reseted my modem, router, and my ooma, attempted to change cat 5 wires with no luck. WHAT IS WRONG?!??!!

WayneDsr

Post by WayneDsr » Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:59 am

Need more info. Do you have internet service at present?
How is your ooma hooked up?
modem --> ooma --router?
or
Modem --> router --> ooma?

Also, have you power cycled everything, modem/router/ooma?

Wayne

mspitz081387

Post by mspitz081387 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:07 am

WayneDsr wrote:Need more info. Do you have internet service at present?
How is your ooma hooked up?
modem --> ooma --router?
or
Modem --> router --> ooma?

Also, have you power cycled everything, modem/router/ooma?

Wayne
yes my internet is up and working
it is setup as the book told me
modem --> ooma --router?
???

mspitz081387

Post by mspitz081387 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:12 am

ive also reset power on all 3 units???

mspitz081387

Post by mspitz081387 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:12 am