ooma Outages - Corrective action plan

Stay informed with the latest ooma feature updates and service status. Note: New Topics cannot be created in this forum.
Groundhound
Re: ooma Outages - Corrective action plan

Post by Groundhound » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:33 am

vready wrote:My Ooma Hub is still flapping between red and blue in Seattle as of 7:20am.
Use of the Ooma logo as an avatar by Ooma employees is not universal, but your use of it is the only instance AFAIK by an apparent non-employee, and could cause some confusion for forum visitors who don't know that all identified Ooma employees carry the title "Ooma Moderator".

Mike-o-Matic

Post by Mike-o-Matic » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:47 am

Agree with Southsound and groundhound. I was momentarily thinking it was a moderator post. Please change to something more "you" :)
Customer Since: November 2009.
Number Port: ordered 12/14/09; completed 01/07/10.
Hardware: one Hub, one Scout, one Telo.
Service Level: Annual Premier.

abrgroup

Post by abrgroup » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:46 am

1:45PM EST Durham, North Carolina -- My Ooma system has been working fine all day until just now. It was blinking red for several minutes and just now started blinking blue. I thought everything was fixed........

murphy

Post by murphy » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:17 am

abrgroup wrote:1:45PM EST Durham, North Carolina -- My Ooma system has been working fine all day until just now. It was blinking red for several minutes and just now started blinking blue. I thought everything was fixed........
Apparently not. My hub has been up and down all day. The down periods have been very short, mostly under a minute.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

XEOS

Post by XEOS » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:23 am

We are suffering through a multi-day, MAJOR SYSTEM outage with ooma and you idiots are arguing over who has the right to use a friggin' AVATAR??? Some how that doesn't surprise me given the state of today's American society. Go play with your iPhones, Blackberrys and Droids and leave the problem solving to those that know what they are doing!

As for the system status:

Click On - blue light. Yea! :P Click Off - red light. Boo! :( Click On - blue light. Yea! :P Click Off - red light. Boo! :(

Been going on for 2 days now... and ooma still says all is OK? LIARS!!

HEY! OOMA SUITS!! GET THE SYSTEM ISSUES RESOLVED NOW OR YOU WILL SOON HAVE A REVOLUTION ON YOUR HANDS!!

My buddy at Costco corporate who directs product selection and all company buyers says Costco is preparing to DROP OOMA FROM THEIR STORES AND WEBSITE due to the overwhelming number of complaints that Costco is receiving from DISSATISFIED ooma users.

Hey! Ooma suits!! Perhaps there is a lesson there...??? :!:

curtl

Post by curtl » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:58 am

I have heard the same thing at a Costco, but I chalked it up to the users not knowing how to properly install the product.

In fact, I'm pretty sure that is the case.

mofares

Post by mofares » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:08 pm

Can Ooma already be the next Sunrocket? Hmmmm....

dgackey

Post by dgackey » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:54 pm

The unfortunate part is that ooma is not responding to its most valuable resource right now -- (previously) enthusiastic, word-of-mouth-generating customers.

This suggests they either don't have a good understanding of what's causing the issues or don't have a good plan for how to address them. Either way, it's not a good sign. I really didn't think I was going to be an early adopter when I bought this unit -- I did my research, it seemed like the growing pains of service outages were in the (recent) past and they were ready to go, but now I'm questioning my decision to pay for the premium package, which I did largely to support the company.

Fixing difficult technical issues can be tough. Talking to your customers isn't -- unless what you have to tell them isn't pleasant.

Groundhound

Post by Groundhound » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:57 pm

There is an update:
NOTE: If your device is still cycling in an out of service, you may need to reboot the device manually. We'll likely be pushing a software update for Hubs this weekend to help prevent this problem in the future.

Potts

Post by Potts » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:59 pm

jsbatch wrote:We are suffering through a multi-day, MAJOR SYSTEM outage with ooma and you idiots are arguing over who has the right to use a friggin' AVATAR??? Some how that doesn't surprise me given the state of today's American society. Go play with your iPhones, Blackberrys and Droids and leave the problem solving to those that know what they are doing!

As for the system status:

Click On - blue light. Yea! :P Click Off - red light. Boo! :( Click On - blue light. Yea! :P Click Off - red light. Boo! :(

Been going on for 2 days now... and ooma still says all is OK? LIARS!!

HEY! OOMA SUITS!! GET THE SYSTEM ISSUES RESOLVED NOW OR YOU WILL SOON HAVE A REVOLUTION ON YOUR HANDS!!

My buddy at Costco corporate who directs product selection and all company buyers says Costco is preparing to DROP OOMA FROM THEIR STORES AND WEBSITE due to the overwhelming number of complaints that Costco is receiving from DISSATISFIED ooma users.

Hey! Ooma suits!! Perhaps there is a lesson there...??? :!:
I love reading members posting like this. It gets everything back on track and to the point pertaining to the problem at hand. In this case the Topic is ..(ooma Outages -Corrective action plan). Not AVATARS. So stop highjacking this topic with AVATAR issues, And start you own Topic.
Setup Dec. 2009. Cable Modem, (Hub and Scout purchase Amazon.Com) Router (Linksys WRT5465S2) Ooma Premier.