ooma Outages - Corrective action plan

Stay informed with the latest ooma feature updates and service status. Note: New Topics cannot be created in this forum.
Mike-o-Matic
Re: ooma Outages - Corrective action plan

Post by Mike-o-Matic » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:52 am

amoney wrote:Yes, Ooma was responsible, why becuase of the simple fact, mutiple people had the same error.
That's not proof that ooma was at fault. It could have been a business partner of theirs, their backbone provider, any number of other parties.

We'll never know until they offer an explanation.
Customer Since: November 2009.
Number Port: ordered 12/14/09; completed 01/07/10.
Hardware: one Hub, one Scout, one Telo.
Service Level: Annual Premier.

oomg

Post by oomg » Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:09 pm

caseybea wrote:To my knowledge, Ooma never even communicated to anyone that they were looking into it.

We apparently disagree here on what Ooma, as a service provider, should be providing to their customers in terms of information regarding outages. From my perspective, as of recent, their communication to customers has been lacking. I apparently expect more than you do.
Apparently we do disagree on that point. I would agree that to the extent that Ooma has experienced a failure that should to the extent known before the issue is resolved, try to inform their customers of the status. However, rather than chase down random failures which may or may not be traceable, I would much prefer that Ooma expend it resources on further development and refinement of its product. Now, the major nationwide outage experienced last year deserved an explanation given the duration and the widespread nature. However, I have absolutely no concern or need to know about a alleged outage that is limited in scope or duration.

If you really want to know, why not call the 800 number you were attempting during the "outage" and ask them if they are aware of the problem, and if so, whether they identified the source, and if so, whether they can provide you with information on how the issue was resolved.

Or, you could send a letter or email to Ooma demanding an explanation. Who knows, you might get a response. Have you done that yet? If not, why not?
oomg -- Voice Over Internet Person

I've learned a lot here... two months ago I didn't even know how to spell VOIP and now I are one.

oomg

Post by oomg » Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:15 pm

amoney wrote:Yes, Ooma was responsible, why becuase of the simple fact, mutiple people had the same error. Who proved this you asked, the answer is all the posts that said so.

If your fine, thats great for you, but other people are not fine, and are requesting improvements.

Please step aside as obviously this does not concern you. ;)
Really! So, if it turned out that a half dozen ATnT subscribers had the same experience, that would mean it is ATnT's fault, right? Same with Verizon or other providers, right? Sorry, your offer of proof fails. At best what you are offering is very weak circumstantial evidence.

By the way, I have as much right to protest your protest as you have to protest in the first place.
oomg -- Voice Over Internet Person

I've learned a lot here... two months ago I didn't even know how to spell VOIP and now I are one.

caseybea

Post by caseybea » Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:25 pm

oomg wrote:
Or, you could send a letter or email to Ooma demanding an explanation. Who knows, you might get a response. Have you done that yet? If not, why not?
I did. *days* ago. No response. No email confirmation. No ticket. Nothing. FAIL FAIL FAIL. I have complained about their total lack of communication via their so-called email tool before.
Ooma Hub customer since January 2010
Telo2 upgrade (hub retired) October 2016
Service Level: Core

mikegoldnj

Post by mikegoldnj » Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:40 pm

Is there a system outage now? Both my Hub and Telo are red!

murphy

Post by murphy » Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:41 pm

mikegoldnj wrote:Is there a system outage now? Both my Hub and Telo are red!
Mine have been going off an on for about 10 minutes.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

bryanlyle

Post by bryanlyle » Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:42 pm

Same here. Both Telo and Hub are down for me.
follow me on twitter: @bryanlyle

EDS

Post by EDS » Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:43 pm

My ooma is displaying red as well. Why is the site saying, service is up?
I'm east coast. New York City.
Last edited by EDS on Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

traveler

Post by traveler » Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:43 pm

Telo is not working in Puget sound area of Washington state

Phane

Post by Phane » Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:45 pm

My Ooma was down and I reset everything, it connected for a few minutes and then went down again. It's back up now. I'm in Minnesota. My parent's Ooma in California was down at the same time, so it must have been a nationwide interuption.

Edit: Now it's down again... <shrug>
Last edited by Phane on Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.