ooma Update Release Notes - 1/15/2009

Stay informed with the latest ooma feature updates and service status. Note: New Topics cannot be created in this forum.
Bobby B
Ooma Moderator
ooma Update Release Notes - 1/15/2009

Post by Bobby B » Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:28 pm

ooma Lounge

A. We've added the ability to check if a number can be ported to ooma. To access the tool, visit ooma.com/port
B. With this release, the porting process can be started directly from the ooma Lounge add-ons page.
Bobby B

AngelaKendig

Re: ooma Update Release Notes - 1/15/2009

Post by AngelaKendig » Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:28 pm

Can I use this now if I am still waiting for the email form to fill out?
The nice thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise.Image

kagy

Post by kagy » Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:24 pm

AngelaKendig wrote:Can I use this now if I am still waiting for the email form to fill out?
Mind you, I am not an Ooma rep, but I suspect the answer to your question is "no." Once you contact the company to request porting - something this new, on-line system takes the place of - then Ooma will send you a Letter of Agency (LOA) to fill out and send back. I'm betting that's what you're waiting on, and suspect that future customers who use this new on-line system will still have to do.

So here's my question - why not just post this LOA on-line, too? A simple .pdf download, fill it out, upload it again and email it back.
Si vis Pacem, Para bellum

number9

Post by number9 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:51 pm

kagy wrote:
AngelaKendig wrote:
Mind you, I am not an Ooma rep,

So here's my question - why not just post this LOA on-line, too? A simple .pdf download, fill it out, upload it again and email it back.
Not an ooma rep? You should be! This is a great idea. Maybe too simple for the over thinkers to have thought of it.
I think.
Plays PRS guitars

Bobby B
Ooma Moderator

Post by Bobby B » Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:24 pm

Right now, we don't post the LOA form online because there's two versions of the form. They're slightly different -- one version requests that the LOA be faxed while the other requests that the LOA be emailed. The appropriate LOA is sent based on the number you are attempting to port.

We should be caught up in the backlog of port requests, so I'm not too sure why you haven't received the forms yet. I'll just forward the appropriate form to you (Angela).

Thanks.
Bobby B

AngelaKendig

Post by AngelaKendig » Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:44 pm

Bobby B wrote:Right now, we don't post the LOA form online because there's two versions of the form. They're slightly different -- one version requests that the LOA be faxed while the other requests that the LOA be emailed. The appropriate LOA is sent based on the number you are attempting to port.

We should be caught up in the backlog of port requests, so I'm not too sure why you haven't received the forms yet. I'll just forward the appropriate form to you (Angela).

Thanks.
Got the email. I noticed 2 attachments I thought with the same name and figured a slip of the hand attached it twice. Hope I filled out and faxed the right one. Task someone with putting verbiage covering faxing and emailing into one single form and life gets easier. Thanks.
The nice thing about not planning is that failure comes as a complete surprise.Image

mountnbykr

Post by mountnbykr » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:46 am

Bobby,
What's the current time frame for those that submitted their LOA in December? I submitted mine on December 24th. Three weeks later, on January 14th I received an email stating that Ooma received my request and that I'll receive an email with estimated porting date. Still no email with an estimated date. As of tomorrow, it will have been 4 weeks since my LOA was submitted.

I just tried calling support and after explaining my issue he put me on hold. A couple minutes later, the call was dropped (dial tone.)

Thanks!

Bobby B
Ooma Moderator

Post by Bobby B » Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:31 am

Hi mountnbykr,

Do you remember who you spoke with on the phone? I want to check why you didn't receive a follow-up via phone/email after you were disconnected.

I haven't checked today, but as of January 16th, we should be caught up with all the LOAs that were sent in. I'll ask our support team to call you with an estimate.

Thanks,
Bobby
Bobby B

Bobby B
Ooma Moderator

Post by Bobby B » Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:45 am

Actually looks like the follow-up was just sent out...you should be receiving an email shortly.
Bobby B

mountnbykr

Post by mountnbykr » Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:26 am

I received the email thanks. Not sure who I spoke with. He didn't give me his name.