ooma Update Release Notes - 5/29/2008

Stay informed with the latest ooma feature updates and service status. Note: New Topics cannot be created in this forum.
Updates
Ooma Moderator
ooma Update Release Notes - 5/29/2008

Post by Updates » Thu May 29, 2008 4:52 pm

Several updates and enhancements were applied to the ooma System. These are described in the release notes below:

ooma Lounge
  1. Voicemail messages can be marked as "Unheard" (e.g. "New") in the ooma Lounge. To mark a message as "Unheard" right click on the message and select "Unheard"
  2. Phone numbers can now be moved between personal devices
  3. Personal Devices can now be removed
  4. Various visual enhancements were added to the ooma Lounge interface including navigation side badges

von

Re: ooma Update Release Notes - 5/29/2008

Post by von » Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:41 pm

I still cannot play voice mail from the Ooma lounge on my iPhone. Anyone anyone else having problems with this?

Updates
Ooma Moderator

Post by Updates » Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:04 am

Hi von, it looks like this is working in the iPhone simulator provided by Apple, but not the actual iPhone itself. The correct way it should work is when you click on a message in the ooma Lounge, it should launch the iPhone's quicktime player. Apparently, this quicktime launch isn't occurring successfully. We're currently investigating the issue further. In the meantime, I'm going to remove the iPhone Lounge as a working feature in the release notes until we get this resolved.

Eric P

Post by Eric P » Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:38 am

Hi,

Any news on the iPhone player ability being worked out? That feature was a HUGE selling point for us, and very disappointing that it failed to work.I took a look and see that you are recording the audio in MP3 format.

I am really hoping you guys forego the web interface and write a native iPhone app for the ooma lounge that works similarly to the iPhones visual voicemail application. I'd also recommend not giving it away for free, but instead charging something like $10 for it to reimburse your development time, and maybe make a few extra dollars. Not to mention, the presence in the iPhone app store could have positive marketing effects for ooma as well.

Eric

Bobby B
Ooma Moderator

Post by Bobby B » Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:51 am

Hi Eric,

Yes, you are correct - the voicemails are actually recorded in wav format, but are converted to mp3 when playing in the iPhone.

We did some investigation on why this was working in the simulator but not on the actual iPhone itself. It turns out the iPhone is sending web requests in a slightly different manner, causing the audio request to fail. We think this has something to do with the iPhone simulator being built off of some iPhone 2.0 software elements. As a result, we'd like to get an iPhone with iPhone 2.0 software on it to see if the issue is resolved on that platform.

The native iPhone app is a great idea - hopefully we can pull some resources to create the hooks necessary to make a native app happen in the future.

Thanks,
Bobby
Bobby B