Ooma Telo 35452 Release Notes

Stay informed with the latest ooma feature updates and service status. Note: New Topics cannot be created in this forum.
Dennis P
Ooma Moderator
Ooma Telo 35452 Release Notes

Post by Dennis P » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:43 pm

35452 will begin rolling out tonight (3/24). This version fixes a problem with calling certain toll-free destinations which was present in the 35170 release. A couple of other bug fixes were also added to this release and detailed below.

Enable early media for toll-free destinations
Prevent dropped call when RTP packets are highly out of order
Turn off stop key when base station radio firmware is done loading even if box is not going into service

highq

Re: Ooma Telo 35452 Release Notes

Post by highq » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:59 pm

Dennis P wrote: Enable early media for toll-free destinations
Prevent dropped call when RTP packets are highly out of order
Turn off stop key when base station radio firmware is done loading even if box is not going into service
Would you kindly translate those three items for hoi polloi?

southsound

Post by southsound » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:09 pm

highq wrote: Would you kindly translate those three items for hoi polloi?
Would that be a reference to the 1935 Three Stooges film or possibly the less kind definition meaning "commoners, great unwashed, minions, multitude, plebeians, proletariat, rabble, rank and file, riffraff, the common people, the herd, the many, the plebs, the proles, the peons, the working class"? I don't too many of the latter have Telo systems. :P

An exasperated Professor Richmond (Harry Holman)
threatens the trio in Hoi Polloi.
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.

highq

Post by highq » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:30 pm

southsound wrote:
highq wrote: Would you kindly translate those three items for hoi polloi?
Would that be a reference to the 1935 Three Stooges film or possibly the less kind definition meaning "commoners, great unwashed, minions, multitude, plebeians, proletariat, rabble, rank and file, riffraff, the common people, the herd, the many, the plebs, the proles, the peons, the working class"? I don't [think] too many of the latter have Telo systems. :P
I had in mind an explanation in plebeian English for the benefit of "the common people". ;)

southsound

Post by southsound » Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:19 pm

highq wrote:I had in mind an explanation in plebeian English for the benefit of "the common people". ;)
Ahh, that's what I thought. Until Dennis gives the official ooma definitions for the questions you asked, I can give you some insight in the Early Media question. I was curious since I have a telco background but am still learning about VOIP. I did some searching and found this on a Cisco website:
Early Media is the ability of two user agents to communicate before a call is actually established. Support for early media is important both for interoperability with the Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN) and Billing Purposes.

Early Media is defined when media begins to flow before the call is officially connected. Media channels are set up prior to the call connection. These channels are used to provide the ring tone that the caller hears and are not generated by the caller's endpoint or other queuing services, for example hold music.
I believe in the ooma Telo case, calls to some numbers, especially toll free ones, would not give ringback to allow the caller to know that the call was in process of being connected.
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.

sactocity

Post by sactocity » Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:54 pm

I'm delighted that you now "Prevent dropped call when RTP packets are highly out of order". I had always wondered about that; never knowing how to get them back in order.
:o