ooma Update Release Notes - 2/23/2009

Stay informed with the latest ooma feature updates and service status. Note: New Topics cannot be created in this forum.
Dennis P
Ooma Moderator
ooma Update Release Notes - 2/23/2009

Post by Dennis P » Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:55 pm

ooma Lounge

A. Added a "system preferences" page. This page includes the ability to control two things:

1. 10-digit dialing: Ability to dial area code + phone number without the leading 1. This makes it easier to call back a missed call from you phone.
2. Connection tone: The connection tone is the chime played to the caller when a phone call connects. You can choose from some new tones or disable the feature.

B. Added "export to excel" function to call logs.

C. The dialog box shown when saving preferences now dismisses itself after a few seconds instead of requiring you to hit OK.

t4feb

Re: ooma Update Release Notes - 2/23/2009

Post by t4feb » Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:41 am

Great update as we all new ooma would do. Do you plan on giving the option to delete the log file? That would be another great update.

Thanks
Terry

sioomauser

Post by sioomauser » Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:32 pm

Dennis P wrote:ooma Lounge

2. Connection tone: The connection tone is the chime played to the caller when a phone call connects. You can choose from some new tones or disable the feature.
I've tried disabling this and it didn't work. Same thing with trying new tones. Hit save and it prompted me saying that it would take 3 minutes to go into effect. Still a day later nothing changes.

Is this feature actually working?

Dennis P
Ooma Moderator

Post by Dennis P » Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:48 pm

t4feb wrote:Great update as we all new ooma would do. Do you plan on giving the option to delete the log file? That would be another great update.

Thanks
Yes, that is something we will add in the future. So much to do, so little time.

Dennis P
Ooma Moderator

Post by Dennis P » Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:51 pm

sioomauser wrote:

I've tried disabling this and it didn't work. Same thing with trying new tones. Hit save and it prompted me saying that it would take 3 minutes to go into effect. Still a day later nothing changes.

Most reports indicate that it is working. There was a hiccup where the web didn't reflect that new settings correctly even though the setting was saved. That has since been fixed. Note this change only affects the connection tone - not the dial tone, which has confused more then a few folks.

RickO

Post by RickO » Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:50 pm

Being able to delete the call log would be awesome!

nowayout10

Post by nowayout10 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:50 pm

Dennis P wrote:
sioomauser wrote:

Most reports indicate that it is working. There was a hiccup where the web didn't reflect that new settings correctly even though the setting was saved. That has since been fixed. Note this change only affects the connection tone - not the dial tone, which has confused more then a few folks.
It would be even better if users could disable dial tone as well. Ooma dial tone is not a welcome feature for me.

RickO

Post by RickO » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:45 pm

nowayout10 wrote:It would be even better if users could disable dial tone as well. Ooma dial tone is not a welcome feature for me.
I would also very much prefer a conventional dial tone over the ooma dial tone.

firstlight

Post by firstlight » Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:12 pm

Hearing a little jingle every time I pick up the phone is not welcome here either.
I tried disabling on the preferences list and I still hear it when I pick up AND when the other person picks up on their end.
I think I understand that one is supposed to be able to disable/change the latter, but neither seems to be effected by my change in Preferences.

dlong

Post by dlong » Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:37 pm

I don't mind the ooma jingle when I pick up the phone. It is reassuring to hear it. I know the service is working okay. However, it would be nifty to turn it off on my end it I wanted to do so. But, I definitely would not want the jingle on the other end of the line.

I don't understand why others would not want the dial tone. I think the dial tone is a normal phone experience as it has always been there from the beginning oof time. To me, the dial tone is the constant pitched hum, musical C note, not the jingle, when you pick up the phone.