Blue Light Logo on my Ooma has gone out.

Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
JFA
Blue Light Logo on my Ooma has gone out.

Post by JFA » Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:20 pm

The blue light on the logo on my Ooma has gone out, after 3 weeks, but it still works great, is this something I need to see about getting fix or not ???

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Re: Blue Light Logo on my Ooma has gone out.

Post by Tom » Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:26 pm

try pressing the rewind button to adjust the brightness

southsound

Post by southsound » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:28 pm

The logo light on my 2nd generation Telo has also gone very dim over the years. The other touch buttons have kept usable brightness but even at the highest level the logo is still barely visible. Looks more pale white than blue. During loss of connection or reboot the red color is also very very dim. I have offered my unit back for ooma to access but since it still works great I haven't been too worried. It sits in my network closet so the lack of brightness really doesn't bother me. Maybe there is a life-span issue to the LED's that ooma used for the logo.

People I call never seem to comment about the dim bulb at my end - but I'd probably take personal offense if they did. :P
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.

Leeway

Post by Leeway » Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:51 pm

Funny, because mine refuses to remain "off". A couple of months ago, I turned them all off on that model, in about a week I looked over and only the center logo was back on. I turned it off again but it faithfully comes back on again.

I think it is when any update is fed to it. I don't have a dim problem so far.

Donna

muttle99

Post by muttle99 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:23 pm

All blue lights, just not logo, have dimmed to the point they are now silver/white, or you could say grayed out. I contacted Ooma and was told the LEDs must have gotten "crunched" or words to that effect. If they got "crunched" they failed internally on their own, because the unit has not been abused. It is less than 2 years old, but I did elect to extend the warranty during the first year, so they are sending a replacement. I asked if it would be new or refurbed, and was told the latter. The extended warranty will still apply. The telo still seems to function, although I have noticed subpar voice quality of late, so perhaps other parts are failing as well. ;)

Moondawg01

Post by Moondawg01 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:00 pm

Yes, my Ooma Telo device had the blue light go out last night and I searched everywhere online to find out why or how to adjust. I finally broke down and contacted Ooma customer support. They advised me, like a previous post here, to depress the "back" button << to adjust the brightness. I was looking on the back of the device but then realized what they meant was the REW or rewind button on top of the device.

By each depress of the << button the brightness changes and will go back out. This allows you to adjust it to the desird brightness level.

Hope this helps.

Agent99

Post by Agent99 » Tue Aug 24, 2021 6:47 am

Thanks for the tip. Just keep pushing left arrow until brightness returns. Back to normal.

Robek

Post by Robek » Thu Sep 09, 2021 2:28 pm

Another way to adjust the Telo logo brightness is through the browser UI:

http://setup.ooma.com -> Advanced -> Brightness Control