Need help syncing contacts from MyOoma to handset

Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
MinnesotaSlim
Need help syncing contacts from MyOoma to handset

Post by MinnesotaSlim » Sun Jun 26, 2022 2:36 pm

I just set up a new Telo, and I'm trying to get the contact list I entered on MyOoma to sync with the handset. I've waited (overnight!) and I've selected "Sync config" from the services menu on the device. (More than once!) But when I select "Phonebook" from the Home menu, I see the message "Please wait", and after 60 seconds I'm just returned to the Home Screen. The same thing happens when I select "Call logs". The MyOoma dashboard shows device status "Online", and I can make and receive calls without difficulty.

Can anyone suggest what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!

MinnesotaSlim

Re: Need help syncing contacts from MyOoma to handset

Post by MinnesotaSlim » Mon Jun 27, 2022 5:14 pm

Answering my own question: It turns out that the "Please wait" message means that the handset can't connect to the base station, which doesn't seem particularly helpful. The fact that it the handset had also lost dial tone might have been a clue, but I didn't think to check because it had placed and received calls a short time earlier. And the only way I could get it to connect was to remove and then replace the batteries. Go figure. (If there's a "restart" function anywhere on the HD handset, I'd be happy to hear about it.)

So, the dumbest but most common problem solving method: Turn the gizmo off, then turn it on again. Always try this first!

Robek

Re: Need help syncing contacts from MyOoma to handset

Post by Robek » Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:09 pm

To turn off the HD3 handset, hold down the red "hangup" key for 3 seconds. To turn it back on, press the "hangup" key again. That should be easier than removing and replacing the batteries.