How to set up Ooma Telo if you have ATT UVERSE

Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
Leeway
Re: How to set up Ooma Telo if you have ATT UVERSE

Post by Leeway » Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:06 am

I agree that the RG does not let you do anything with QOS. I do think it is important for your Telo to be in the DMZ with Uverse. I don't know what to tell you to make that happen. I originally had the white Hub and later the black Telo and each time I connected one or the other to the RG -

I plugged my Ooma into either the RG or into my router switch
the desktop computer I had connected to the RG would show a pop up message right away that I had to click "OK" to allow the 'device' into the DMZ
I would click on OK
I would unplug the Ooma electric cord
I would reboot the RG & wait for it to completely boot
I would plug the Ooma back in
I could go into the RG router and it showed clearly that it was in the DMZ

I moved and had to give up Uverse a couple of months ago but I have helped two other friends hook their Uverse up this same way recently and they did get the message.

Good luck, and don't give up there is lot's of help here in the forums and great folks willing to work with you.

kevinysf

Post by kevinysf » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:38 pm

@Gigabyte Gurl - did this work for you? My Ooma has been running fine and I haven't had any issues with the video on Uverse.

Jstone

Post by Jstone » Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:03 am

I came across this thread in my ongoing search for a solution to my Telo going to blinking red twice a day, every day.
All your tech solutions are a little beyond my scope of computer knowledge and am not sure they even would address this issue.
My setup is this: I have Uverse 3801HGV Router/Gat​eway. I don't have Uverse TV (use an antenna). My Telo is connected with a wireless dongle one room away from the Gateway. Call quality is flawless.
Every morning, at some point, and usually every afternoon, my Telo goes to blinking red. I am inclined to think this happens due to a hiccup in internet service but don't know that for a fact. Is my problem fixable on the Ooma end or the Uverse end? Does anyone know? I truly appreciate any help offered.

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:55 am

Jstone, I think I mentioned this before but it is likely due to your Uverse modem/router combo not being stable with wifi connections. Here is what I would do. Connect your Ooma hardwired to the Uverse modem/router and observe if stable. If so, use the Uverse modem/router as a modem only. Turn off wifi and don't use any other ethernet port on it other than a router you will plug in. viewtopic.php?t=16434#p113352