Installation

Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
chris23
Installation

Post by chris23 » Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:58 pm

I have a two line phone and the way i have it set up now is with Vonage is where one line from vonage is going into a house phone jack and a another line from a different phone jack is going into line one. line two has a direct phone wire from another Vonage unit for line two in the phone.

In my home office I have only two wall jacks that are close to the modem and router. It would be great if OOMA would have two lines out of the hub.

My question is can I use a splitter to bring two lines out of one wall jack to the two line phone connecting the scout with one line to give me line two and running the other line for line one.

Then I would have a open wall jack to plug the hub into to feed throughout the house.

I can't think of any other way of doing it. I don't want to run a wire from the bedroom using the scout and tripping all over it.

I need both lines into my two line phone. I have signed up for the Premier service with OOMA to give me a dedicated second line.

BigTV

Re: Installation

Post by BigTV » Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:37 am

hello

you can use the same line for the scout that the hub is on, as long as they share the same wire then it will work, also you can connect the hub and scout next to each other and just connect the base station of L1 & L2 in from each hub and scout phone port.

Thank you