Ooma Telo and Ip Phone System

Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
niqhunter
Ooma Telo and Ip Phone System

Post by niqhunter » Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:56 am

Before I purchased my Telo I called to inquire if this system would work with my allworx 6x phone system. After installaion of the ooma I connected it to my allworx server, and I can't make any outgoing calls I've deleted my sip proxy and can't get it anything to work.

thunderbird

Re: Ooma Telo and Ip Phone System

Post by thunderbird » Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:11 am

niqhunter:
Have you tried Modem-Router-Ooma? Connect Ooma to one of your Router's LAN ports. Don't connect anything to Ooma's "Home" port.

southsound

Post by southsound » Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:20 am

Are you feeding your Telo PHONE port to the analog input on the Allworx 6x? That configuration will treat your Telo number as a regular PTSN line. You will be limited to one at a time call with this configuration because a second simultaneous call must be made using a Telo proprietary handset. I would also suggest that you go to setup.ooma.com with a computer connected to the Home Network port of the Telo and (I believe it's under the network tab) set the choice for MAC address from the default Automatic to Use Built-in.

Note that at the present time, you cannot use the SIP capabilities of your Allworx 6x to connect to the ooma servers so you will have to use the Telo ATA and the FXS port to connect your Allworx box.
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.

niqhunter

Post by niqhunter » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:34 am

I am using it connected directly to the phone connection on the allworx. I only mentioned removing the sip configuration because before I did that I would be able to receive a dial tone on my system, but not be able to make an outgoing call. If you are familiar with the allworx system what changes in the outgoing lines setting do I need to make to make outgoing calls?

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:07 am

Given that you are using Ooma dialtone the same way you used your landline dialtone with your system, have you enabled 10 digit dialing on my.ooma.com?

viewtopic.php?t=11128#p77393