Second number to Scout

Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
grinch
Second number to Scout

Post by grinch » Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:07 am

I am trying to take my second number out of the shared hub and assign it to a scout. When I go through the process in the lounge it seem to go well. The blue light on the scout is on but when I call the number it goes right to voicemail.

My set is: Modem > Ooma Hub > Router

From the hub to the scout using white cord from ooma wall port to wall port. Phone pluged into (phone) on scout.

Checked S/N thinking 0 mybe O no go.

Please help

WayneDsr

Re: Second number to Scout

Post by WayneDsr » Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:11 am

First of all is the voicemail button (envelope) lit up?
If so you need to hold that button down about 5 seconds to shut it off. You have the Privacy mode on.

If not, power off the ooma hub and scout and turn them back on to reset.

Wayne

grinch

Post by grinch » Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:29 am

No the voicemail button is not on. Will try to rest both the hub and the scout when I get home. Let ya know if it worked

Thanks

bryanlyle

Post by bryanlyle » Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:38 pm

Same deal. Set up my Scout and assigned my second number to it and all calls go directly to voice mail. The call logs for the second number show all the attempted calls, but the phone attached to the Scout never rings.

murphy

Post by murphy » Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:55 pm

Log into the Lounge using the second phone number and verify that the 5 digit serial number of the scout exactly matches what is entered in the Preferences section. Click on Preferences and then click on the name that you gave to the scout.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

oomg

Post by oomg » Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:06 pm

Log into the lounge using your second number and the password you assigned to it... then check your voicemail settings. It may be that the time to answer is so short that the phone is not actually ringing before it goes to voicemail. You do have a separate phone attached?

oomg
oomg -- Voice Over Internet Person

I've learned a lot here... two months ago I didn't even know how to spell VOIP and now I are one.

bryanlyle

Post by bryanlyle » Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:06 pm

murphy wrote:Log into the Lounge using the second phone number and verify that the 5 digit serial number of the scout exactly matches what is entered in the Preferences section. Click on Preferences and then click on the name that you gave to the scout.
Well, I double checked the serial number and it looks right. Why would they put 0's (or are they O's) in a serial number? That's just asking for trouble. My serial number has 2 of them!

bryanlyle

Post by bryanlyle » Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:07 pm

oomg wrote:Log into the lounge using your second number and the password you assigned to it... then check your voicemail settings. It may be that the time to answer is so short that the phone is not actually ringing before it goes to voicemail. You do have a separate phone attached?
oomg
Time to answer for the voice mail is 24s, so that seems right and yes there is a phone attached to it. If I unassign the number to the scout and call it, the phone rings with the hub.

murphy

Post by murphy » Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:19 pm

bryanlyle wrote:Well, I double checked the serial number and it looks right. Why would they put 0's (or are they O's) in a serial number? That's just asking for trouble. My serial number has 2 of them!
It appears to be a hexadecimal number. Mine has a D in it. That means the numbers 0 through 9 and the letters A through F. Double check that you haven't mixed up an 8 and a B.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

bryanlyle

Post by bryanlyle » Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:26 pm

murphy wrote:
bryanlyle wrote:Well, I double checked the serial number and it looks right. Why would they put 0's (or are they O's) in a serial number? That's just asking for trouble. My serial number has 2 of them!
It appears to be a hexadecimal number. Mine has a D in it. That means the numbers 0 through 9 and the letters A through F. Double check that you haven't mixed up an 8 and a B.
Well, that's what I thought, but mine starts with a Q. I'll play around with it and if it still doesn't work, I'll give support a call in the AM.