Help with ooma setup

Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
crwmlw
Re: Help with ooma setup

Post by crwmlw » Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:39 pm

Ok. If I have port forwarding setup on the ooma setup page I would leave that alone? Any idea how to put the router back to bridge mode?

thunderbird

Post by thunderbird » Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:30 pm

crwmlw wrote:Ok. If I have port forwarding setup on the ooma setup page I would leave that alone? Any idea how to put the router back to bridge mode?
Yes leave the Ooma Setup port forwarding alone.

I am not very familure with the Apple Airport Extreme.

What you may try to do is first connect Modem-Airport Extreme. Make sure your Wi-Fi still works. If the Wi-Fi still works, then connect the switch, and then the Ooma Telo. If the logo on the face of the Ooma Telo doesn't turn blue, you will have to go into your Apple Airport Extreme Manual and read how turn the NAT or DHCP function of the Router, back on. If you have a friend or relative that has experience with the Apple Airport Extreme, ask them to help you. Make sure everytime you change a network cable connection, to reboot everything, starting with the modem, then router, then Ooma.

Maybe someone else that has an Apple Airport Extreme will read this post and give a hand.

iankh

Post by iankh » Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:33 pm

thunderbird wrote:
crwmlw wrote:Ok. If I have port forwarding setup on the ooma setup page I would leave that alone? Any idea how to put the router back to bridge mode?
Yes leave the Ooma Setup port forwarding alone.

I am not very familure with the Apple Airport Extreme.

What you may try to do is first connect Modem-Airport Extreme. Make sure your Wi-Fi still works. If the Wi-Fi still works, then connect the switch, and then the Ooma Telo. If the logo on the face of the Ooma Telo doesn't turn blue, you will have to go into your Apple Airport Extreme Manual and read how turn the NAT or DHCP function of the Router, back on. If you have a friend or relative that has experience with the Apple Airport Extreme, ask them to help you. Make sure everytime you change a network cable connection, to reboot everything, starting with the modem, then router, then Ooma.

Maybe someone else that has an Apple Airport Extreme will read this post and give a hand.
To put your Aiport back into bridge mode, you'll want to open your Airport Utility found in the Utilities folder in your Applications folder.

You will select your airport from the list on the left-hand side and click on the internet icon at the top.

You'll see a drop-down for "Connection Sharing." You'll want to change this to "Off (Bridge Mode).

Don't forget to click the update button.

I found the following link that may help you out too.

http://gigaom.com/apple/how-to-setup-an ... idge-mode/

crwmlw

Post by crwmlw » Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:18 am

Thanks everyone. I will give this a try. Besides being able to view my security cameras, I noticed as soon as I hooked up the switch everyhting started acting goofy, no wifi etc. If I hook everything up as stated on here do you think that will help connection speeds? Thanks again everybody.

thunderbird

Post by thunderbird » Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:06 am

crwmlw wrote:Thanks everyone. I will give this a try. Besides being able to view my security cameras, I noticed as soon as I hooked up the switch everyhting started acting goofy, no wifi etc. If I hook everything up as stated on here do you think that will help connection speeds? Thanks again everybody.
If you disconnect your Switch, does you Wi-Fi start working again?

What brand and model number is your switch?

When you connect the Switch, and Ooma, does the Ooma start working?

Connection speeds can probably be helped by setting MAC address to "Use Built In", and setting Quality of Service Speeds. But first get the Wi-Fi and Ooma working.

crwmlw

Post by crwmlw » Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:00 am

When I disconnect the switch everything works fine, in fact my previous switch was doing the same thing so I thought it was bad. I just replaced it with the TRENDnet TE100-S8 and still the same thing. Ooma works fine but wi-fi and ethernet (Hardwired) to iMac doesnt work. Really weird.

thunderbird

Post by thunderbird » Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:16 am

crwmlw wrote:When I disconnect the switch everything works fine, in fact my previous switch was doing the same thing so I thought it was bad. I just replaced it with the TRENDnet TE100-S8 and still the same thing. Ooma works fine but wi-fi and ethernet (Hardwired) to iMac doesnt work. Really weird.
The Airport Extreme DHCP function probably isn't turned on, and but must be turned on.

The following is from the Internet:
Under the "Internet" setting, you have to select "Connect using Ethernet" for the DHCP setting to appear. The DHCP off mode is called "Bridge Mode". Instead make sure that DCHP/Nat is selected. Be sure to Save.