No ooma dial tone at times

Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
Dan
No ooma dial tone at times

Post by Dan » Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:49 pm

I installed new wireless broadband provider after leaving DSL service. Ooma worked with DSL fine but after switching to wireless broadband the Telo at times will not provide dial tone. Power cycled 3 times no change but after removing the phone connection and another recycle the Telo came to life again and supplied dial tone I thought it was fixed but it failed again the next day. This time I checked for battery looking in to Ooma and got 47.5 volts but no dial tone. My connection sequence starting with broadband to Telo is: Wireless Broadband, Ooma , Router. On the Ooma drop side I have removed telco drop from protector and am supplying whole house wiring to Ooma. Any suggestions would be appreciated. My broadband speed measured 17mb down 13mb up so this is not a bandwidth problem.

Thanks,
Dan
Last edited by Dan on Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lbmofo

Re: No ooma dial tone at times

Post by lbmofo » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:52 pm

Check out this "optimal setup;" built in mac address especially: viewtopic.php?t=9536#p66155

thunderbird

Re: No ooma dial tone at times

Post by thunderbird » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:23 pm

Dan wrote:I installed new wireless broadband provider after leaving DSL service. Ooma worked with DSL fine but after switching to wireless broadband the Telo at times will not provide dial tone. Power cycled 3 times no change but after removing the phone connection and another recycle the Telo came to life again and supplied dial tone I thought it was fixed but it failed again the next day. This time I checked for battery looking in to Ooma and got 47.5 volts but no dial tone. My connection sequence starting with broadband to Telo is: Wireless Broadband, Ooma , Router. On the Ooma drop side I have removed telco drop from protector and am supplying whole house wiring to Ooma. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Dan
It sounds like you Wireless 3/4 G service is not stable. Next time you have these problems; run http://speedtest.phonepower.com/ to see what's happening with your Internet provider, modem, and Internet speeds.

Ooma suggests that you have a minimum of 385 kbps download and 265 kbps upload speeds. If your upload and download speeds are dropping, at times, lower than the required Ooma numbers, then there is your problem.