Wi-Fi Wireless USB Dongle adpater Report/Setup

Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
ckaboose
Re: Wi-Fi Ooma Telo USB Dongle Report/Setup Instructions

Post by ckaboose » Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:56 pm

thunderbird wrote:Have you tried removing the Wi-Fi dongle, rebooting the Ooma Telo, then trying to access Ooma Setup?
Yep... Dongle is no longer attached. That was the first thing I did.
Customer since: 07/30/2011
Hardware: Ooma Telo with 2 Handsets
Setup: Motorola SB-6121 Cable Modem -> ZyWALL 2 Plus Firewall -> Ooma Telo (hardwired on WLAN segment)

thunderbird

Post by thunderbird » Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:59 pm

Are you able to access http://www.google.com using a the computer connected to the Ooma Telo Home Port?

ckaboose

Post by ckaboose » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:01 am

thunderbird wrote:Are you able to access http://www.google.com using a the computer connected to the Ooma Telo Home Port?
Yep. Can get to anywhere on the internet.
Setup: Motorola SB-6121 Cable Modem -> ZyWALL 2 Plus Firewall -> Ooma Telo (hardwired on WLAN segment)

thunderbird

Post by thunderbird » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:05 am

So http://172.27.35.1 has become confused somehow??? Can you pull up a dos window and do an ipconfig from the c:\ with the computer connected to the Ooma Telo Home Port?

I've worked with people that have had your exact problem before in this Forum.

One person just left his Ooma Telo connected for a few days, and it started working by itself.

One person left his Ooma Telo off overnight and it started working after a restart.

But I would try the 20 minute unpowered Ooma Telo, then repower first.

One perosn's Ooma Telo was in the one year warranty period and just got a replacement.

ckaboose

Post by ckaboose » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:11 am

thunderbird wrote:So http://172.27.35.1 has become confused somehow??? Can you pull up a dos window and do an ipconfig from the c:\ with the computer connected to the Ooma Telo Home Port?
Ya I've got as feeling that the web service for the Ooma setup on http://172.27.35.1 is hosed and it's not clearing even after a factory reset. IPConfig gives the proper IP settings for the laptop with an IP of 172.27.35.10, Subnet 255.255.255.0 and gateway which is 172.27.35.1.

thunderbird

Post by thunderbird » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:12 am

I've worked with people that have had your exact problem before in this Forum.

One person just left his Ooma Telo connected for a few days, and it started working by itself.

One person left his Ooma Telo off overnight and it started working after a restart.

One perosn's Ooma Telo was in the one year warranty period and just got a replacement.

ckaboose

Post by ckaboose » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:15 am

thunderbird wrote:I've worked with people that have had your exact problem before in this Forum.

Lemme try the 20 min power down. I haven't tried that one yet... I'll keep you posted...

thunderbird

Post by thunderbird » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:18 am

I'll check back later.

I just remembered another thing:
Some times virus and Inernet security Software on the computer being used to access Ooma Setup will block access to Ooma Setup. Try temporarily turnig off virus and Internet security computer software. Then try accessing Ooma Setup.

Another thing to try is to disconnect the Network cable from the Ooma Telo Internet port, reboot the Ooma Telo as far as it will boot, (probably see the red flashing Ooma symbol) then try to access Ooma Setup.

murphy

Post by murphy » Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:00 am

Did you disable the radio in the laptop?

Use built-in MAC address has no meaning when a wireless adapter is in use.
It is the MAC address of the unused Internet port.

The MAC address of the wireless adapter is used to make the connection.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

thunderbird

Post by thunderbird » Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:41 am

murphy wrote:Use built-in MAC address has no meaning when a wireless adapter is in use.
It is the MAC address of the unused Internet port.

The MAC address of the wireless adapter is used to make the connection.
This is true for only an Ooma Telo Wi-Fi dongle Internet connection. But for people that intend to use the Ooma Telo with both the Wi-Fi Ooma dongle Internet connection, and Wired LAN Ooma Telo Internet connection, as experience has found, will probably need to use Internet Built In MAC Address.