Wi-Fi Wireless USB Dongle adpater Report/Setup

Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
thunderbird
Re: Wi-Fi Ooma Telo USB Dongle Report/Setup Instructions

Post by thunderbird » Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:30 am

ckaboose:
I spent a little time this morning alternately switching and configuring my two Ooma Telos, setting up as you described was your setup, from the Wired LAN to Wi-Fi Internet connection, using the published procedures. In every case, setup and connection time took only about five minutes, and at most eight minutes to connect to a Wi-Fi connection, for both of my Ooma Telos. I couldn't duplicate the problem that you had.

If you continue to have problems, contact Ooma Customer support. If they find that your Ooma Telo is defective, and it is within the one year warranty period, they will send you a replacement Ooma Telo shipping prepaid, along with a return prepaid shipping label for the defective Ooma Telo.

Customer Support
Email: support@oomacare.com
Phone: 1-888-711-OOMA (6662)
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm PST

ckaboose

Post by ckaboose » Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:38 pm

murphy wrote:Did you disable the radio in the laptop?
Yep. I turned it off prior to configuring the Wireless Adapter.
thunderbird wrote:I spent a little time this morning... I couldn't duplicate the problem that you had.

If you continue to have problems, contact Ooma Customer support.
Thanks for spending time on this Thunderbird. I called Ooma Support and got to 2nd Lvl. They are thinking that the setup page got corrupted somehow. The issue is being passed to the engineering team to see if they can fix it. If they can't the person on the phone said they will send a new device.

I'll keep you guys posted...
Customer since: 07/30/2011
Hardware: Ooma Telo with 2 Handsets
Setup: Motorola SB-6121 Cable Modem -> ZyWALL 2 Plus Firewall -> Ooma Telo (hardwired on WLAN segment)

thunderbird

Post by thunderbird » Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:22 am

ckaboose wrote: Thanks for spending time on this Thunderbird. I called Ooma Support and got to 2nd Lvl. They are thinking that the setup page got corrupted somehow. The issue is being passed to the engineering team to see if they can fix it. If they can't the person on the phone said they will send a new device.

I'll keep you guys posted...
As I menioned before in this post thread, yours isn't the first to have the Ooma Setup pages access corrupted somehow, by no mistake by the person making the entries. And it happened to others before Ooma Wi-Fi came along.

We will be wating to see how you come out. :)

ckaboose

Post by ckaboose » Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:51 pm

Just wanted to give an update...

I'm not sure when the Ooma engineering group fixed the corrupted setup page or even if they did. The 2nd level support person I talked to Friday indicated that the engineering department was going to e-mail me within 48 hours, but I never got an e-mail. I was going to call Ooma Customer Support yesterday to check on the status, but I figured I'd test first and see if the Ooma Telo device was still having the corrupted setup page and discovered that it was working again.

All that matters to me is that the device is working again. Too bad I don't have anymore information that could be shared with the community. It would have been nice to know for sure if the engineering group did indeed do something to get the setup page working again.

Thunderbird, Murphy thanks for assisting...
Customer since: 07/30/2011
Hardware: Ooma Telo with 2 Handsets
Setup: Motorola SB-6121 Cable Modem -> ZyWALL 2 Plus Firewall -> Ooma Telo (hardwired on WLAN segment)

thunderbird

Post by thunderbird » Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:23 pm

ckaboose:
Did you get your Ooma Telo connected the Ooma Wi-Fi dongle, and if so how is it working?

drichar9

Post by drichar9 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:07 pm

Just set up Telo Wireless Adapter over the weekend. Have a 600n Netgear router. It was successful immediately, however at first, my router couldn't find Comcast IP address after being Modem-Telo-Router setup....It took a while to get the router to recognize Comcast.

Good signal strength on all handset (3 bars)...good call quality...set up Telo next to my Dvr-tv and ran a telephone line to my Dvr...caller id came through immediately...notice during sharing itunes music... I lost signal strength due to heavy download of music and telo-wireless lost connection. rebooted( Unplugged) Telo with wireless adapter attached...Came back instantly...Telo-wireless was about 1000ft from router with 3 bars. No loss of call quality...maybe better, no problems

Plan on using Telo-Wireless Adapter on the laptop when I go camping... oh yeah,

drichar9

Do you need Telo USB Wifi Adapter

Post by 5123684120 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:29 am

Can you use any other USB Wi-Fi Adapter with the Ooma?

highq

Post by highq » Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:10 pm

Only Ooma's proprietary Bluetooth adapter will work.

Do call Customer Service and change your login here to something other than your phone number, lest it becomes a magnet for maggots, spam, annoyances...

thunderbird

Re: Do you need Telo USB Wifi Adapter

Post by thunderbird » Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:06 pm

5123684120 wrote:Can you use any other USB Wi-Fi Adapter with the Ooma?
You could try. It probably won't hurt anything.

But Ooma has their own software for their Wi-Fi dongle, so the Ooma Telo probably wouldn't recognize your dongle.

sgtdave

Re: Wi-Fi Ooma Telo USB Dongle adpater Report/Setup

Post by sgtdave » Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:05 pm

I have a similar problem with not being able to access http://172.27.35.1/ on my browser. I am set up for internet through the Verizon Hot Spot. I had originally set up the MIFI with the telo without a problem. However, when went to connect my HP wireless printer/fax the password on the MIFI was four digits too long. I went to the admin page of the MIFI and was able to change the password reducing it to the needed ten digits. After a few tries I had my wireless printer back and would now need to reboot the telo with the new password. I have tried everything suggested below (minus the router since I am not using one) and can not get the connection back to the telo. I am not sure why I was once able to get to http://setup.ooma.com and now can not as well as being blocked from http://172.27.35.1/. Ahh...I should mention I did get in one time and the telo found the MIFI. I went in and changed the password and it then said "already on network". I then deleted the MIFI from the menu and entered it again hoping it would take the new password and fire up. No luck. Any suggestions?