Connecting to house wiring

Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
kc101
Re: Connecting to house wiring - Question

Post by kc101 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:44 pm

I need guidance please. My ooma box is up and working. It sits next to the PC, modem is in place and currently it has one corded phone attached. The phone works with the correct (ported) phone number. Today my phone number was ported; I now have disconnected the phone plug on the external ATT box attached to the side of the house. I unplugged the cord that looks like a common phone jack. Plastic, small clip on it, gives a satisfying snap sound when plugged in. I took a photo but can't seem to upload to this message.
Questions:
1. Can I assume I'm OK to move forward in connecting the ooma to my old landline phones because unclipping it at the outside box is correct?
2. How do I connect all my phones to ooma?
Feeling dumb. Hoping for help. KC

thunderbird

Re: Connecting to house wiring

Post by thunderbird » Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:59 pm

kc101 wrote:I need guidance please. My ooma box is up and working. It sits next to the PC, modem is in place and currently it has one corded phone attached. The phone works with the correct (ported) phone number. Today my phone number was ported; I now have disconnected the phone plug on the external ATT box attached to the side of the house. I unplugged the cord that looks like a common phone jack. Plastic, small clip on it, gives a satisfying snap sound when plugged in. I took a photo but can't seem to upload to this message.
Questions:
1. Can I assume I'm OK to move forward in connecting the ooma to my old landline phones because unclipping it at the outside box is correct?
2. How do I connect all my phones to ooma?
Feeling dumb. Hoping for help. KC
With your old phone service phone line, that is coming in from the street disconnected at the house:
Using a phone cord, connect one end of the cord to the Ooma Telo Phone port, and the other end of the phone cord to a house wall phone Jack. If your Ooma Telo has a Wall phone port, don't use it. If you want to connect a phone near your Ooma Telo, use a phone cord splitter to feed that phone and the House wall jack. Test your house phones for the Ooma dial tone.

kc101

Re: Connecting to house wiring

Post by kc101 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:58 am

Thanks for your help. I'm up and running!