Doesn't seems like it's a standart reboot. I could't find it in standart documentation! Thank you once again!lbmofo wrote:You would have to register using PIN announced by Telo.
Try factory reset of handset like the video tells you.
Also, using phone connected to the "phone" port of Telo, dial *#*#301 to reboot Telo to load HD1 firmware
And once Telo comes back to all blue, try pairing.
My apologies for all the trouble you're having. We're moving offices this weekend so I can't checkWhen I first got them with the original telo it worked fine and I put in the pin.
on the details of your unit, but please let me know the first 2 letters of the mac of your new telo.
Our RMA department may have erroneously shipped you a unit that doesn't support the generation 1
However, if they did ship you a correct unit, the handsets will not register with the new base unless
you first reset them. I'll try to make the instructions as clear as I can:
1. hold down the red key on the handset for 2 seconds to power it off (in case it's powered on)
2. place your left index finger on the small key above the green key
3. place your left thumb on the the zero (0) key (the key between * and #)
4. press down on both keys at the same time and HOLD (do not release)
5. now with your right thumb press and release the red key to power on the handset (but continue holding the other 2 keys)
6. when the handset displays 'Auto Registration' you have successfully reset the handset and can release the 2 keys
Is your Ooma handsets the first geration HD1 handset or the new second gerneration HD2 handset.jgmace wrote:I just bought a second hand handset to use with a new Telo. I have tried everything above, rest both devices, etc. But when I enter the pin number as shown on the my ooma site it just keeps looking to enter the pin. When I enter all zeros, it says registered, but the only thing i can do is get a dialtone, cant dial set time etc. In fact it interferes with the telo operation as incoming calls will stop ringing after one ring. Any thoughts?
Or are they mixed. You can not mix Old HD1 handsets and New HD2 handsets.
Depending on the generation of handsets, you have to Dial the following with a phone connected to the Ooma Telo phone port:
*#*#301 reboot Telo to load HD1 firmware
*#*#302 reboot Telo to load HD2/Linx firmware
The Ooma Telo will reboot and when done, your should be able register the handset.
Changing from old to new handset modes can also be done in Ooma Seup in the DECT page.
If you don't know which Handset you have, you can try one mode to register the handset. If that doesn't work, then try the other mode. One of the modes will work.