Can I Change Telo Handset Name?

Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
GregH
Can I Change Telo Handset Name?

Post by GregH » Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:26 am

I would like to change the Telo Handset name to something more descriptive than "Handset 1." I traversed the menu options and did not see an option to change the name. Can I change the handset name?

murphy

Re: Can I Change Telo Handset Name?

Post by murphy » Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:31 am

GregH wrote:I would like to change the Telo Handset name to something more descriptive than "Handset 1." I traversed the menu options and did not see an option to change the name. Can I change the handset name?
No.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

MenchPueblo

Post by MenchPueblo » Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:34 pm

Why can't the handset name be changed? On the Quick Start Guide it shows "Living Room", so that leads me to believe that it is something that can be customized.

kdmc69

Post by kdmc69 » Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:43 pm

MenchPueblo wrote:Why can't the handset name be changed? On the Quick Start Guide it shows "Living Room", so that leads me to believe that it is something that can be customized.
Go to your my.ooma, click on Preferences, then on Phone Numbers. You can then click on the device and an edit box will open. You can change the name and then save.
Ooma Customer Since: August 2008
Ooma Equipment: 2 Telos + 2 HD2 Handsets
Ooma Service: Premier
Amped AC 1750 Router
TWC ->Router -> Telo1
TWC ->Router -> Telo2

xfoneguy

Post by xfoneguy » Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:59 am

The names are changed under "devices" (rather than "preferences") with the current "myooma"

xfoneguy

Post by xfoneguy » Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:00 am

The names are changed under "devices" (rather than "preferences") with the current "myooma" Took me forever to find this. Not sure why it isn't done right on each handset, as with every other cordless phone I've had.

MissMiriam

Post by MissMiriam » Thu Dec 23, 2021 2:16 pm

My SIL set up my system and he put in a name that people see when I call that I don't like. I see your instructions on how to change. Sorry for being so stupid but do I change this on the headset ? Thanks in advance.