Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:20 pm
I am using ooma core, and in grandfather basic plan which i pay 0 every month, i know newer telo needs to pay ~3.50 tax and fees, if i buy a new telo and call csr to switch, will i be paying
1. Setup fee for switching my device?
2. Monthly fee? Or i inherit the grandfather plan, stll pay nothing?
- Posts: 9337
- Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:37 pm
- Location: Greater Seattle
You can call in to Ooma customer service, ask for level 2 agent or higher (so they'd know what they are talking about), ask for details on Ooma Core upgrade to Telo program.
- Posts: 204
- Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:09 pm
- Location: Rochester, NY
Your "Grandfathered" status will carry over to the Telo. But, I believe you have to purchase the Telo from OOMA using their upgrade program.
If you call Tech Support, 90% have no idea that you can do this. They will tell you that you are going to have to pay taxes when you upgrade. The inconsistency of information from Tech Support is very frustrating.