2nd. Line

Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
kdmc69
2nd. Line

Post by kdmc69 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:59 pm

I installed my Ooma hub and one scout yesterday. The installation went like a charm and I was up and running in no time. I do, however have a problem with the 2nd. line. I have found out today that when the 1st. line is in use, I can pick up the 2nd. line and make a call. But, when the 1st. line is in use and a call comes in on the 2nd. line, I can't pick up the call. The person on the other end can't hear me and the line drops.
Have I overlooked anything on the install?

Thanks.
Ooma Customer Since: August 2008
Ooma Equipment: 2 Telos + 2 HD2 Handsets
Ooma Service: Premier
Amped AC 1750 Router
TWC ->Router -> Telo1
TWC ->Router -> Telo2

Clifftr

Re: 2nd. Line

Post by Clifftr » Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:55 am

If you haven't already, give ooma support a call at 1-888-711-6662. They're available Monday through Friday, 8am to 6pm, and Saturday and Sunday, 8am to 5pm, PST.

Bobby B
Ooma Moderator

Re: 2nd. Line

Post by Bobby B » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:29 am

I do remember hearing about a similar issue with another customer, where when the 2nd call came into the ooma system, it would cause the Internet connection to cut out for some reason. Unfortunately the person experiencing this problem didn't respond to follow-ups so we never got a chance to diagnose the problem.

When you pick up the 2nd call, do you hear the caller OK? Is your ooma Hub connected directly to your Internet modem or is it connected to a router?

Also, when you get a chance, please give ooma Support a call so we can run some tests to diagnose why this could be occurring.

-Bobby
Bobby B