Red Blinking Light

Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
sasanders
Red Blinking Light

Post by sasanders » Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:00 pm

I installed Ooma yesterday Ooma Telo -> Router per advice of Customer Service. Got Red Blinking light for about 1/2-hour, then turned Blue. Got phone service.

Today I tried to install the Wireless Adapter without success, so I went back to the original Ooma Telo-> Router config. Now it's been blinking Red for over 45 minutes. I rebooted the router and Ooma Telo, and still get the Red Blinking Light. The Ethernet cord is plugged into Internet Port of the Ooma Telo per the instructions.

All this time I have had internet service.

Advice, please.

lbmofo

Re: Red Blinking Light

Post by lbmofo » Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:38 pm

Your setting is Modem - Ooma - Router?

If so, make sure wifi adapter is removed from Telo, power everything off (modem, ooma, router).

Power up modem, wait until it goes online, then power up Ooma, wait until it turns blue, then router.

Here is the bluetooth setup guide:
https://www.ooma.com/app/support/bluetooth-setup-guide

sasanders

Post by sasanders » Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:10 am

It's an ATT Uverse 2-wire combined modem/router. You're suggestion did not work. I talked to the Level 2 support at Ooma and they could not help me. Told me to contact ATT and ask them for help in disabling the firewall due to the VOIP.

If that does not work, then Ooma will be returned.

It's been blinking red for 17 hours now!

sasanders

Post by sasanders » Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:21 am

I need to read the instructions more closely. My Ethernet cable was plugged into the "broadband" port on my 2-wire, instead of one of the Ethernet ports. Made the switch and now all is Blue.

Next step is to get the wireless adapter to work.

thunderbird

Post by thunderbird » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:44 am

Wi-Fi Dongle Procedure Thread, with extra helps and hints.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12539

ililg2003

Post by ililg2003 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:52 pm

My Issue is Im leaving AT &T (DSL) to Comcast Modem.. I have shut down , unplugged waited, and moved cords around to no avail.. the weird thing is the eternet cable is not "communicating" lighting up in the back... I call
Comcast they do not have a firewall, and are on Dynamic... any suggestions...

Im hanging onto AT&T until I can get the integrated motorola router work....

Eternet is plug into back of computer is communicating there..

I also switched to the other 3 available slots in the back of router, same beautiful RED flower.. Thunderbird ? help?
could it be settings within the router?

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:54 pm

Have you tried plugging everything with power off and then turn on modem first and then the Telo later.

ililg2003

Post by ililg2003 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:13 pm

I did that , shut everything down..The ethernet cables are not communicating with the motorola sbg6580, I have switched out ethernet cables .. I put the ooma back into at &t and it works fine....

Its just not recognizing the motorola... I did a system restore as well...

Ironically I took the cable from ooma and put it in At&t, and when I attached an ethernet cable from at&t
to the motorola the lights are not communicating either...

should I physically take out every cable from units so it is bare and start over?

HELP

thunderbird

Post by thunderbird » Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:26 pm

ililg2003 wrote:My Issue is Im leaving AT &T (DSL) to Comcast Modem.. I have shut down , unplugged waited, and moved cords around to no avail.. the weird thing is the eternet cable is not "communicating" lighting up in the back... I call
Comcast they do not have a firewall, and are on Dynamic... any suggestions...

Im hanging onto AT&T until I can get the integrated motorola router work....

Eternet is plug into back of computer is communicating there..

I also switched to the other 3 available slots in the back of router, same beautiful RED flower.. Thunderbird ? help?
could it be settings within the router?
After powering off the Modem, Router and Ooma device try connecting Modem-Router-Ooma.
Connect a computer to one of the router LAN ports.

Repower the Modem. When the Modem is done booting, repower the Router. When the Router is done booting, repower the Ooma Device. If the Ooma device doesn't boot to the Blue Ooma Symbol, power the computer and see if you can access a site like Google. If you can, do the following. A factory Reset will bring the Ooma Telo back to Ooma Factory settings.

Factory Reset Ooma Telo - Old Alternate Manual Procedure
1. Remove power from the Ooma Telo.
2. Repower the Ooma Telo.
3. Line 1 & Line 2 lights come on.
4. Line 1 & Line 2 lights go out and the Trash and Envelope lights come on for a very short period of time.
5. The Trash & Envelope lights go out and the bottom row (runway lights) starts scanning to the right. (sequence above may be slightly different with later firmware versions)
6. When the scanning stops, the Ooma symbol will began flashing Red.
7. Press the Trash button, then the bottom row Stop button (small square button).
8. Hold both the Trash and Stop buttons pressed until told to release.
9. The Ooma symbol will alternately blink Red and Blue.
10. The Ooma symbol will turn solid Red.
11. Release the Stop and Trash buttons.
12. Wait for a short period of time. The Ooma Telo will cycle back into a reboot.
13. After a successful Factory Reset, all Ooma Setup settings will be Factory.

If you are using an Ooma Wi-Fi dongle, you have to access Ooma Setup and rescan for the Wi-Fi network before a Wi-Fi connection can be made. The same is true for DSL, if you have to enter Connection type PPoE and a Name and Password for the Internet provider connection. You may want to reset MAC address to Use Built In, reset your Quality of Service Upstream/Downstream Internet Speed settings, and Bluetooth settings if you are using Ooma’s USB Bluetooth dongle. Ooma Telo handsets will have to be re-registered.

ililg2003

Post by ililg2003 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:41 am

Ok , I completely took out every cable that was in existence out of both units include ISP cable, and left for 5 mins or more mins.. plugged router/modem in ,booted it until all done, then plugged in cables to OOMA and plugged in wall. It is complete
I have phone again!!! :D :D

I was only unplugging from the wall on both units and it seemed to need more..
SO I am good now.. yeah, I can now call At&t and wish them well !