NO DIAL TONE!!!!

Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
lbmofo
Re: NO DIAL TONE!!!!

Post by lbmofo » Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:27 pm

As much as we'd like it, 0 defect rate can not be achieved over time. Companies can aim for it but will never get to 0%.
Unfortunately, you had to deal with this, I am sure very rare, phone port dead on arrival problem. Hope the rest of your Ooma experience will be a lot better.

vmmatt

Post by vmmatt » Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:22 pm

I'm having exactly the same issue as of 2 days ago. Had service for 2+ years. Phone service from cable company was disconnected 2 yrs ago. No changes to external/internal wiring, already tried resetting modem/router/ooma and no luck. Can get dial tone if Panasonic phone base is connected directly to ooma but not if I try to use wall jack. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

oomamaniacal

Post by oomamaniacal » Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:34 pm

vmmatt wrote:I'm having exactly the same issue as of 2 days ago. Had service for 2+ years. Phone service from cable company was disconnected 2 yrs ago. No changes to external/internal wiring, already tried resetting modem/router/ooma and no luck. Can get dial tone if Panasonic phone base is connected directly to ooma but not if I try to use wall jack. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Have you had a lot of rain recently?

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=19630&p=132120&hilit=rain#p132105
Premier Subscriber
Telo One with Four Linx Devices
Google Voice Extensions

murphy

Post by murphy » Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:21 am

vmmatt wrote:I'm having exactly the same issue as of 2 days ago. Had service for 2+ years. Phone service from cable company was disconnected 2 yrs ago. No changes to external/internal wiring, already tried resetting modem/router/ooma and no luck. Can get dial tone if Panasonic phone base is connected directly to ooma but not if I try to use wall jack. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Disconnect all of the phones that are connected to the building wiring to see if one of them is causing a problem.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx