Blinking red

Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
Oxbow
Re: Blinking red

Post by Oxbow » Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:56 am

Tom
just checked it....it will boot with blinking red light and only the mail and trash come on for a few seconds then go out, then later will come on for a few seconds and go out. Again this Omma works behind a router with a fire wall, my modem does not have a fire wall. Do you think by default it wants a fire wall? I could set up my modem to fire wall I think? Is there a setting in the telo that has fire wall settings?

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Post by Tom » Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:03 pm

What's happening here is that your ISP is limiting to which MAC addresses it will provide an IP address. The ISP knows your router's MAC but not the telo's. Your ISP can reset your modem to resolve this issue. Alternatively you can try leaving your modem powered off for 24 hours.

Oxbow

Post by Oxbow » Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:39 pm

Tom you nailed the issue! My ISP Charater limits modems that one address can have to ONE!. That was news to me till I called them. I used a wireless WI FI extender to plug into. Works great!! So if anyone else has Charter they limit you to one modem. Plug into the router or like in my case a wi fi extender.
Thanks Tom