New Telo Unit

Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
thunderbird
Re: New Telo Unit

Post by thunderbird » Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:59 pm

JimmyO wrote: And the new Ooma Telo model comes in a new blue and white box. The box however shows that all the buttons have a blue backlight but I haven't found a way to enable that.
I believe that in Ooma Setup, there is a Brightness Control.

JimmyO

Post by JimmyO » Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:13 am

thunderbird wrote:
JimmyO wrote: And the new Ooma Telo model comes in a new blue and white box. The box however shows that all the buttons have a blue backlight but I haven't found a way to enable that.
I believe that in Ooma Setup, there is a Brightness Control.
There is nothing about brightness control in Ooma Setup. But I do know that holding the rewind button changes the brightness of the Ooma flower. I don't think the other buttons actually light up. Only the play button turns yellow if there is a new message. I believe button backlights is not a feature that is available at this time unless this feature is hidden somehow.

Tom
Ooma Moderator

Post by Tom » Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:15 pm

On setup.ooma you can change brightness on the Advanced Page, but yes using the Rewind button is the easiest way.
brightness.PNG
brightness.PNG (30.36KiB)Viewed 11151 times

JimmyO

Post by JimmyO » Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:38 pm

Interesting, I didn't know there were advanced settings for the Ooma. I thought it was suppose to be in the My Ooma page. I had to connect my computer's ethernet port directly to the Ooma. Yeah I did find the brightness settings for Ooma.

But that only changes the Ooma flower brightness. Don't the Trash, Volume Up, Volume Down, ..etc buttons have a blue backlight? If you look at the box, they're light up. Seems misleading if they don't actually light up like that. In my Ooma, they're not light up as seen in my picture I posted before.

EDIT: Nevermind, talked to Ooma support and told me that the buttons don't have backlight as seen in the Ooma box. Would have been nice if it did.

TheOldGrouch

Post by TheOldGrouch » Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:18 pm

So, when all is said and done, this is actually just a cheapened version of the original Telo, and Ooma still has not learned how to print or post decent operating instructions. :!:
I don't mind getting old, but my body is taking it badly

oomamaniacal

Post by oomamaniacal » Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:34 pm

The latest Telo has been engineered to decrease DECT dilemmas, according to Tom B: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=18361&p=124637&hili ... re#p124637
Premier Subscriber
Telo One with Four Linx Devices
Google Voice Extensions

TheOldGrouch

Post by TheOldGrouch » Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:53 pm

The only DECT delemma I ever had was when a supposed "technician" turned mine off remotely yesterday while trying to remedy another issue, rendering my Telo useless until TomB corrected things last night. I still say it's just a cheaped out version of the original.
I don't mind getting old, but my body is taking it badly

oomamaniacal

Post by oomamaniacal » Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:56 pm

The original had land line integration, which was not needed and subsequently removed. But sometimes minimalistic elegance can go too far.
Premier Subscriber
Telo One with Four Linx Devices
Google Voice Extensions

hjerpdkt4f485ftde

Post by hjerpdkt4f485ftde » Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:35 pm

Tom B wrote:On setup.ooma you can change brightness on the Advanced Page, but yes using the Rewind button is the easiest way.
brightness.PNG
Tom B -
How do I get to that page, or is it no longer available?

murphy

Post by murphy » Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:40 pm

Connect a computer to the Home jack. If the computer has WiFi capability, disable it.
Connect to

http://setup.ooma.com

or

http://172.27.35.1
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx