New Telo Unit

Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
hjerpdkt4f485ftde
Re: New Telo Unit

Post by hjerpdkt4f485ftde » Sun Dec 13, 2015 5:23 pm

Neither of those pages appear to exist
As to the first one, I get: "Firefox can't find the server at setup.ooma.com."
The 2nd page just never loads

oomamaniacal

Post by oomamaniacal » Sun Dec 13, 2015 5:38 pm

Double-check that the computer cable is going to the Home Network port on the Telo.
Premier Subscriber
Telo One with Four Linx Devices
Google Voice Extensions

hjerpdkt4f485ftde

Post by hjerpdkt4f485ftde » Sun Dec 13, 2015 6:17 pm

My computer ethernet cable goes to my router, which has 5 ethernet ports. Then another ethernet cable goes from the router to my modem, which has only 1 ethernet port.

Then the Ooma Telo-2 ethernet cable goes from the Ooma Internet port to the router.

Are you saying I should connect another ethernet cable from the Ooma Home port to the router?

If I switch the current Ooma ethernet cable to the Home port, I'm not connected to the internet at all.

oomamaniacal

Post by oomamaniacal » Sun Dec 13, 2015 6:40 pm

I have my Telo connected directly to the modem. The router is connected to the home network port on the Telo. That way all the computers on my network have access to the Telo's internal address (setup.ooma.com) and have access to the internet as well.

The reason your computer cannot access the setup page is because there is no connection to the Home Network port.
Premier Subscriber
Google Voice Extensions

hjerpdkt4f485ftde

Post by hjerpdkt4f485ftde » Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:28 pm

How would you suggest I make that connection?
I've already given you my setup. So are you saying I should do as I've already suggested and "connect another ethernet cable from the Ooma Home port to the router?"

oomamaniacal

Post by oomamaniacal » Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:47 pm

Modem to internet port on Telo. Home Network port on Telo to router. Router to your computer(s).

Or you can just plug a computer into the Home Network port if you only need temporary access to the setup page, and disconnect when you are done.
Premier Subscriber
Google Voice Extensions

hjerpdkt4f485ftde

Post by hjerpdkt4f485ftde » Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:19 pm

oomamaniacal wrote: Modem to internet port on Telo. Home Network port on Telo to router. Router to your computer(s).
That resulted in no connection to the internet
oomamaniacal wrote:Or you can just plug a computer into the Home Network port if you only need temporary access to the setup page, and disconnect when you are done.
That seems to have done it. It gave me this page: http://setup.ooma.com/home.lp but I haven't fiddled around with it yet. I have the modem into the Telo's Internet port and my computer into the Telo's Home port.

oomamaniacal

Post by oomamaniacal » Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:22 pm

Did you reboot your devices?
Premier Subscriber
Google Voice Extensions

hjerpdkt4f485ftde

Post by hjerpdkt4f485ftde » Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:28 pm

No. I didn't reboot with either connection.
But the other connection you suggested worked so that I was able to lower the brightness of my flower.
What should my Quality of Service setting be? They are currently zero.

oomamaniacal

Post by oomamaniacal » Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:34 pm

You probably just needed to reboot your equipment. The QoS settings on the Telo are only useful if you are going to put your Telo between your modem and router.
Quality of Service

Quality of Service (QoS) allows your Ooma Telo to protect your voice quality when other applications on your HOME NETWORK network are also trying to use the Internet. To deliver the highest sound quality when you are on the phone, the Ooma Telo will prioritize packets related to your phone calls over other traffic on your HOME NETWORK network. These settings only take effect when you are on an active phone call. If you find that the default settings are not sufficient to protect your voice quality, or that they limit your bandwidth too much when you are on a phone call, you can manually set both your upstream and downstream connection speeds.

Upstream Internet Speed - Enter the upstream speed of your Internet service (default is 512 kbps).

Downstream Internet Speed - Enter the downstream speed of your Internet service (default is 0 kbps, which means downstream QoS is turned off).
Premier Subscriber
Google Voice Extensions