New Telo Unit

Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
hjerpdkt4f485ftde
Re: New Telo Unit

Post by hjerpdkt4f485ftde » Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:42 pm

oomamaniacal wrote:
You probably just needed to reboot your equipment. The QoS settings on the Telo are only useful if you are going to put your Telo between your modem and router.
Thanks much for your help :D

Stelcom66

Post by Stelcom66 » Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:25 pm

"The box however shows that all the buttons have a blue backlight but I haven't found a way to enable that."

I would like to find out how, as I find the button functions kind of hard to see.

oomamaniacal

Post by oomamaniacal » Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:33 pm

I have the older version which does have that feature. I prefer it to the new one.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=17318&p=119442&hili ... ht#p119442
Premier Subscriber
Telo One with Four Linx Devices
Google Voice Extensions

hjerpdkt4f485ftde

Post by hjerpdkt4f485ftde » Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:40 am

Stelcom66 wrote:"The box however shows that all the buttons have a blue backlight but I haven't found a way to enable that."

I would like to find out how, as I find the button functions kind of hard to see.
I received my Telo-2 last Friday, December 11th, and the box has a blue-lighted flower. The buttons are NOT shown as backlit.

Also, there are just the 5 buttons shown on the box, which is all the "new" Telo has.

Anyone who received the new Telo (the Telo-2) in the old box was probably a "victim" of Ooma simply using up their supply of "old" boxes before switching to the new boxes, like the one I got.

TheOldGrouch

Post by TheOldGrouch » Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:48 am

I still prefer the old style Telo where you can actually see what is going on and you don't have to memorize the instructions (what instructions?) to access features. I still say this version was just and exercise in cost cutting. Ooma sent me one of the new ones to replace my (supposedly) defective Telo. After they shipped it and before I receive it, the problem was resolved (it was actually caused by an Ooma "tech"). When it arrive and I opened the box and saw it was the new (read:cheap) version, I immediately sealed it back up and returned it to Ooma. Perhaps Ooma will eventually wake up and come out with a third version that's not a pain in the butt to use. And hopefully it will be manufactured by someone other than Vtech. I still firmly believe that that is precisely where most of Oomas issues come from.
I don't mind getting old, but my body is taking it badly

oomamaniacal

Post by oomamaniacal » Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:45 am

TheOldGrouch wrote: I still say this version was just and exercise in cost cutting.
I think it was more than that. Fewer buttons also makes it look less intimidating to potential customers. There are still a lot of people out there who are afraid to get rid of their POTS line.
Premier Subscriber
Google Voice Extensions

wernerpels

Post by wernerpels » Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:30 pm

At the risk of beating this to death, i still don't understand.
My current setup uses a router/modem combo, so there's no opportunity to hook up the telo "between" the two. At this time my wall cable goes straight to the combo unit and my computer and my telo (via the telo internet port) are plugged into separate lan ports on the combo. Nothing is plugged into the telo home port. My computer has internet access and the telo functions well ... I just can't address the telo setup.
Running another cat5 cable from a third lan port on the combo to the home telo port doesn't do it. I get the telo initial setup screen, but it seems to freeze and none of the choices down the left side will work ... they all time out.
What do I do, given my combo modem??

oomamaniacal

Post by oomamaniacal » Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:36 pm

Do you just need occasional access to the setup page? If so, the simplest method would be to disconnect the ethernet cable going into your router from your PC, and plug it into the Home port on the Telo, and then reconnect to your router when you are done.
Premier Subscriber
Google Voice Extensions

wernerpels

Post by wernerpels » Thu Dec 24, 2015 5:21 pm

Thanks. I'll give that a try after Santa has come and gone.

wernerpels

Post by wernerpels » Fri Dec 25, 2015 1:12 pm

Did as you suggested and it worked fine. Thanks!