New Telo Unit

Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
TheOldGrouch
Re: New Telo Unit-brightness adjust

Post by TheOldGrouch » Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:05 am

Just FYI. To adjust the brightness of the ooma flower on the Telo 2 without messing around with the computer, simply push the fast reverse buttons on the telo repeatedly till the desired brightness is achieved. There are 5 brightness levels, ranging from off to brightest. Also there is an amber light on the play button when activated to retrieve messages.
I don't mind getting old, but my body is taking it badly

in2dadark

Re: New Telo Unit

Post by in2dadark » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:39 am

" Ooma sent me one of the new ones to replace my (supposedly) defective Telo. "

I don't understand why I do a direct quote on here. Haven't been on in a while. I'm one of the original Ooma buyers I suppose. I've lost track of how long I've had this. I wish they'd have sent me a new one. I'd have sold it. I can't use wireless devices bc of health problems. I did, however, receive a mailing, I think it was, about my unit being obsolete bc of upgrades. It works fine today and that was sent a year or so ago. I suppose if you've have kept it, they might have wiped the old one off your records at some point and could have forced the "upgrade". Mine is white. I see people referring to old ones on here and they're new to me (black).

I'm told there's a way to disable the wireless feature on the new ones. Is that accurate? I'll move to another platform if they try to force off my device into wireless.

in2dadark

Post by in2dadark » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:40 am

Meant to say CAN'T DO a direct quote. Now I don't even see an edit feature. lolz

in2dadark

Post by in2dadark » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:46 am

Should have mentioned, another problem with changing out a unit is there is the learning curve which was quite steep for a phone system back when I adopted. I'd have to figure out how to fax etc all over again.

murphy

Post by murphy » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:40 pm

The DECT radio in a Telo can be turned off by connecting to its internal setup page.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

jokou

Post by jokou » Thu May 09, 2024 7:36 pm

in2dadark wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:39 am
I'm told there's a way to disable the wireless feature on the new ones. Is that accurate? I'll move to another platform if they try to force off my device into wireless.
I have been looking into this as well. I know you can disable the DECT, but so far I can't find a way to disable the WiFi receiver. It is constantly looking for wifi networks and therefore sending out RF pulses. While I don't have a health problem (yet), I am acutely aware of the affects wireless can have and am therefore purging my home of all wireless technology. Did you make any progress on trying to turn off the Wifi? I ordered a faraday bag to try as a plan B if I can't get this to work. When I bought the Telo, I didn't know it had WiFi... from all the marketing online it seemed I would need to buy a separate wifi adaptor or something called Telo Air.

Robek

Post by Robek » Sun May 12, 2024 4:13 pm

This topic concerned the differences between the (legacy) first-generation Telo base station and the (current) second-generation Telo base station (aka "Telo 2"). Neither of these devices ever offered built-in Wi-Fi, so any discussion of "wireless" here probably refers to DECT.

The only Wi-Fi option at the time was the (legacy) "Telo Air" wireless adapter, an external device that plugged into the Telo USB port. Several years later, Ooma would introduce the Telo Air base station (aka "Telo Air 2"), with built-in Wi-Fi.