problems switching to a netgear router or from DSL to Fiber?

Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
GWZ
problems switching to a netgear router or from DSL to Fiber?

Post by GWZ » Wed May 27, 2015 1:31 pm

Hi all, I just upgraded from ATT DSL (using a 2wire 187 router) to fiber using a new NETGEAR nighthawk 4600 (i think). I just moved the Ethernet cable from the 2wire to the netgear foolishly thinking it would just work ;)
The ooma gives me a fast red blink on the flower thing. The ethernet port on ooma is solid green with the occasional yellow blink. the status of the netgear ethernet port is orange with the occasional flicker. I've tried rebooting (unplugging) both, then just the ooma then just the netgear etc. several times. I can't get to the ooma setup page http://172.27.35.1
I can move the ethernet cable back to the 2wire and wait a few minutes and ooma starts working normal.
any help would be much appreciated!
Gunther

Update - maybe hasty blaming router? I plugged the cable from the modem directly into the "from internet" port and still just got a fast red blink of the flower. is there something about changing from DSL to fiber?

lbmofo

Re: problems switching to a netgear router or from DSL to Fiber?

Post by lbmofo » Wed May 27, 2015 3:50 pm

You have both modems working at the same time?
Just need to make sure "to internet" port of Ooma is connected to the LAN port of either modem. Perhaps do the connection while Telo is off and the power up after connection made.

GWZ

Post by GWZ » Thu May 28, 2015 6:28 am

Thanks lbmofo, have tried all combos of connecting/powering off/reconnecting before/after power off, etc. I "think" there is a fundamental difference between DSL and Fiber (static vs dynamic IP?) or something. I'm going to try connecting a laptop to directly to the Telo and access the setup page. Any advice on what needs to be changed would be great. May try to get telo support on line or chat to help....

lbmofo

Post by lbmofo » Thu May 28, 2015 7:12 am

Go into Telo setup page and change from automatic to dynamic (DHCP) or vice versa.

allo

Re: problems switching HUB to Fiber?

Post by allo » Mon Feb 14, 2022 2:28 am

I can't connect OOMA HUB from Cable Spectrum to ATT FIBER.... Any help is appreciated!
I am still using the "old" Hub as an answering machine/voice mail with occasional calls out!