Voicemail setup

Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
tommeeksfamily
Voicemail setup

Post by tommeeksfamily » Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:17 pm

Hi,

I just installed my hub, calls in and out are working normally. I want to set up my voicemail. I tried picking up the phone and pressing play - nothing happens. I tried dialing my home number, nothing either - just silence.

Any ideas>?

Thanks
Tom

trim81

Re: Voicemail setup

Post by trim81 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:53 pm

tommeeksfamily wrote:Hi,

I just installed my hub, calls in and out are working normally. I want to set up my voicemail. I tried picking up the phone and pressing play - nothing happens. I tried dialing my home number, nothing either - just silence.

Any ideas>?

Thanks
Tom
Are you using the ooma with a landline?

If no, then dial 1 + your ooma number to acess your voicemail

tommeeksfamily

Post by tommeeksfamily » Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:38 am

Yes, I have a landline installed right now. We are moving to a dsl dry loop tomorrow, maybe that will help things.

I have an integrated router/dsl modem/wireless thing, perhaps that is the problem as well.

tommeeksfamily

Post by tommeeksfamily » Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:35 pm

Fixed it. My firewall logs were showing a UDP flood from the ip address of my hub. I increased the tolerance of UDP traffic per second. Now my voice mail works great. This probably was an issue because my dsl modem/router is the same device. Anyway, all set. Thanks just the same.
tm

Bobby B
Ooma Moderator

Post by Bobby B » Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:02 pm

Hi Tom, just curious - do you know the make and model of your router/modem combo? I'd be interested in learning more about its firewall capabilities.

Thanks,
Bobby
Bobby B

tommeeksfamily

Post by tommeeksfamily » Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:18 pm

Hey Bobby,

It is a 3Com OfficeConnect ADSL Wireless 11g Firewall Router. It is a dsl modem, router, wireless all in one device.

It has a pretty rich feature set but limited documentation, so I had to poke at it a bit to sort out the problem. Logs rock!

tm