new modem

Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
windsorftw
new modem

Post by windsorftw » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:01 am

was having trouble with my internet, switched my cable modem and now my ooma doesn't work. Everything else connects just fine with i plug them into the modem, but when it comes to the ooma, i get an orange light on the modem saying there's a line connected, but not connecting properly. I've tried several network cables, all with the same problem.

I have 3 other computers connected to the modem, they all have green lights saying they're connected. I've tried plugging the Ooma into different ports on the modem and they all come back with the orange light...
any suggestions? Should I factory reset the ooma?

TonyW

Re: new modem

Post by TonyW » Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:15 am

The green/amber link light difference is most likely indicating the connected PCs all have 1Gbit interfaces, while Ooma devices are all 100Mbit. Check the modem manual.

And make sure to reboot modem, then the attached device, each time a new device is connected.

windsorftw

Post by windsorftw » Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:37 am

thx for the suggestion, will do that today and see what I can come up with. Appreciate it.

TonyW

Post by TonyW » Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:45 am

Re-reading your initial post, it seems you've been provided a 'gateway' (integrated modem/router), so the suggestion to reboot after connecting new devices is probably unnecessary, although, if the Telo fails to connect, it won't hurt.

& make sure you are connecting the Telo's 'internet' port to the gateway switch port.

If the Telo has been offline for an extended period of time, it may be checking for/applying a FW update. Be patient & give it some time (an hour?) after connecting to see if the Telo LED 'goes solid blue' & you get a dialtone.