PREPAID ACCOUNT???

Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
robertnj63
PREPAID ACCOUNT???

Post by robertnj63 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:21 am

Hello, Just received my Ooma bundle from Costco and set it up. When I was on my online account checking out all the info I noticed there was a heading PREPAID ACCOUNT and it showed a balance of $50!! I do not use 411 or make International calls. I do not want to have a prepaid account. Where did the $50 balance come from?? If they charged my credit card how do i reverse it? Is this manadatory? Thank you for any and all information!

oomamaniacal

Re: PREPAID ACCOUNT???

Post by oomamaniacal » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:17 am

It's apparently included (part of the bundle) for the first 6 months whether you want it or not: https://www.costco.com/Ooma-VoIP-Telo-A ... 04941.html
Premier Subscriber
Telo One with Four Linx Devices
Google Voice Extensions

Re: PREPAID ACCOUNT???

Post by 4844613217 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:39 am

I spoke to an Ooma rep on the phone today. The $50 charge is considered a gift from Ooma. I will not be billed for placing overseas calls. This $50 credit is only good for 6 months. After that, the credit will vanish on my account. They want to give subscribers this credit to encourage them to sign up for their Premier plan. Will I be charged for this $50 credit?? No! I will not. But I believe I have been charged. For instance, to port my old phone number to Ooma set me back almost $40. Most other providers do it for free. So in a sense, I already paid for this "free" international gift. All in all, you can't get something for nothing.