Can't access Ooma setup page

Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
nelsonr
Can't access Ooma setup page

Post by nelsonr » Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:02 pm

Long story short, I got a new router and since then have been having trouble getting my Ooma Telo to work (behind the router like before). Sometimes it won't connect at all, sometimes only outbound calls work.

To troubleshoot I am trying to get into Ooma's setup website. I've rebooted, factory reset through the phone more than once (only possible when it connected and all lights were blue, though inbound calls still didn't work). I connected various computers on the home port and usually DHCP doesn't work and setup.ooma.com has never worked. If I manually configure to 172.27.35.x then I can ping 172.27.35.1. If I bring it up in a browser (I've tried multiple), it goes into a 302 redirect loop from home.lp to errorpage.lp and back. I've disabled Bitdefender, uninstalled it even, tried another computer with a different antivirus, connected the Ooma to the old router, I just can't get past the redirect loop. ONCE the page came up and showed me the status, but the next page refresh it stopped working. I've also disconnected everything except power and the cable to my computer and nothing. I've tried different network cables that worked elsewhere.

Any other ideas how to get to the setup page?

TonyW

Re: Can't access Ooma setup page

Post by TonyW » Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:13 pm

While successfully connected to rhe Home port, navigate to the 'Advanced Settings' tab & either:

- check 'Allow access to this website over the INTERNET port' & 'Enable password protected access to this website' (set a password, or be sorry if you are ever connected directly to modem).

and/or -

- Forward port 80 to 172.27.35.1

Move the PC connected to the Home port back to the LAN & access Telo via it's LAN IP.
Untitled (Small).jpg
Untitled (Small).jpg (31.09KiB)Viewed 7450 times

nelsonr

Post by nelsonr » Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:54 pm

I'm not getting that far. After many attempts and getting redirect loops, only one time the first page came up that shows some basic status such as internet connectivity. I had internet disconnected at the time so I connected, waited a for the lights to go blue and refreshed the page. It went back to the redirect loop and since then I haven't been able to get to that main page anymore, much less log in and change settings.

TonyW

Post by TonyW » Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:22 pm

IF it's just a PC (172.27.35.x) cabled to the Telo Home port (172.27.35.1) & it's giving you grief, all I can suggest is trying a factory reset:

(from a connected phone) *#*#099 Factory reset the Ooma Telo (warning: deletes all configuration)

If that doesn't do it, try power cycling after connecting the internet port to a router switch port & leave it alone overnight. Possibly an incomplete FW update? Try the home port again in the morning.

If still a problem, call support.

murphy

Post by murphy » Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:06 am

If the PC you are using has wireless capability you must disable the wireless radio to force all communication to go through the LAN cable.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

cwradio

Post by cwradio » Wed May 01, 2019 11:14 am

Can I have my laptop connected to the home port to check configuration of my Telo Air 2 and also be connected to my router via the internet port using a cable? Thanks Paul

murphy

Post by murphy » Wed May 01, 2019 12:11 pm

Yes, the Telo is a router that has very few features.
My previous post still applies.
Customer since January 2009
Telo with 2 Handsets, a Linx, and a Safety Phone
Telo2 with 2 Handsets and a Linx

cwradio

Post by cwradio » Wed May 01, 2019 12:52 pm

Thanks It worked fine...