Problem Using Remote Desktop Connection and ooma

Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
wheel
Re: Problem Using Remote Desktop Connection and ooma

Post by wheel » Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:44 pm

scottlindner wrote:
wheel wrote:When I direct connect to the ooma hub, what do I use to access the web setup so I can enter 172.27.35.1 in ooma's DMZ?
http://setup.ooma.com
setup.ooma.com did not work. I configured a static ip addess for the ooma hub, direct connected to that address and made the change to the dmz. Even with that, I am only able to it with the static ip address I assigned. That is good enough for me - ooma works, I can use remote desktop and I can get to the web console. Frustrating but solved. Thanks scottlinder and Aveamantium for all of your help.

scottlindner

Post by scottlindner » Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:05 pm

wheel wrote:
scottlindner wrote:setup.ooma.com did not work. I configured a static ip addess for the ooma hub, direct connected to that address and made the change to the dmz. Even with that, I am only able to it with the static ip address I assigned. That is good enough for me - ooma works, I can use remote desktop and I can get to the web console. Frustrating but solved. Thanks scottlinder and Aveamantium for all of your help.
No problem at all. Glad we helped. Although I am curious why the URL didn't work. I guess if it ain't broke, don't fix it, right?

Scott

wheel

Post by wheel » Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:10 pm

Now it stays as is - no need to change anything. ;>

southsound

Post by southsound » Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:14 pm

I've looked through the posts and maybe I've missed it, but I may be the first to say wheel, "Welcome to ooma!" You have already met a lot of the best technical people here who are always ready to help. Make sure to visit the forum often so you can share your experience. We also have a great support group for those who miss their monthly correspondence from the phone company. :cool:
ooma customer since February 2009
VoIP hardware: 2 Telo w/3 handsets & Linx / ooma core
Total Lines: 8 / Numbers: 11 / Handsets: 20
Lifetime Premier Member
Friends don't remember what Landline Integration was or why we did it.

scottlindner

Post by scottlindner » Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:30 pm

One last thing. If you have troubles with call quality or Internet performance in general, let's talk about your DD-WRT QoS configuration. I had a lot of troubles with DD-WRT once I enabled QoS and there is a large discussion on the DD-WRT forums about it. I just want to leave that as one last parting thought so if things get flaky you have an idea of where to start checking first.

oh.. and I second what Southsound had to say. Welcome to Ooma!

Scott

Aveamantium

Post by Aveamantium » Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:18 pm

scottlindner wrote:
oh.. and I second what Southsound had to say. Welcome to Ooma!

Scott
Ditto that!
Go AVS!

grabaka

Post by grabaka » Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:42 am

wheel wrote:
scottlindner wrote:
wheel wrote:When I direct connect to the ooma hub, what do I use to access the web setup so I can enter 172.27.35.1 in ooma's DMZ?
http://setup.ooma.com
setup.ooma.com did not work. I configured a static ip addess for the ooma hub, direct connected to that address and made the change to the dmz. Even with that, I am only able to it with the static ip address I assigned. That is good enough for me - ooma works, I can use remote desktop and I can get to the web console. Frustrating but solved. Thanks scottlinder and Aveamantium for all of your help.

is there any way you could explain to someone that is not very computer literate the step by step directions to do this?

grabaka

Post by grabaka » Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:44 am

wheel wrote:OK, I give. I rewired the setup to cablemodem - router - ooma. I can use Remote Desktop and ooma is working fine with QOS set from he router. Now the question is how do I ge to the setup page of the hub? setup.ooma.com does not work, and neither does http://172.27.35.1.

can you explain how you rewired it this way? my ooma hub is setup as cablemodem-ooma-router..i thought that was the only method possible...

scottlindner

Post by scottlindner » Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:53 am

grabaka wrote:
wheel wrote:OK, I give. I rewired the setup to cablemodem - router - ooma. I can use Remote Desktop and ooma is working fine with QOS set from he router. Now the question is how do I ge to the setup page of the hub? setup.ooma.com does not work, and neither does http://172.27.35.1.

can you explain how you rewired it this way? my ooma hub is setup as cablemodem-ooma-router..i thought that was the only method possible...
You first need to put the IP address of Ooma into the DMZ of Ooma in this configuration. For now, you will need to connect a computer to the LAN port on the Ooma to access the setup page to make this change. Once you put that IP into the DMZ, you should be able to access the setup page from the WAN side of Ooma, which is how you have it configured now.

grabaka

Post by grabaka » Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:06 am

scottlindner wrote:
grabaka wrote:

You first need to put the IP address of Ooma into the DMZ of Ooma in this configuration. For now, you will need to connect a computer to the LAN port on the Ooma to access the setup page to make this change. Once you put that IP into the DMZ, you should be able to access the setup page from the WAN side of Ooma, which is how you have it configured now.

sorry, the language you use is still beyond my understanding....i was actually able to rewire my set up so that it is modem-router-ooma-computer

by doing this, i was able to access the ooma set up page..i then took the numbers located in "Home Port: IP Address" and inserted them in "DMZ: DMZ Address". I then pressed the update button.

Still no dice. Am I supposed to do something with the port forwarding option on the setup page?