Bluetooth adapter W/iOS 12

Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
pamelaantonacci
Bluetooth adapter W/iOS 12

Post by pamelaantonacci » Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:03 pm

So I have tried everything from restoring my iPhone X, to resetting my iPhone X but nothing is making the bluetooth adapter of the Ooma stay connected to iOS 12.1.. It's like bluetooth crashes when connecting to the Ooma Telo 2. I hope that a fix is being worked on for this.. Thanks.

mroy5150

Re: Bluetooth adapter W/iOS 12

Post by mroy5150 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:24 pm

I am experiencing the exact same problem on my iPhone 7 with IOS 12.1.2. I called support and they were no help at all. They did direct me to the bluetooth section of the setup page where I can manually add my device and change some of the settings. I tried everything and get the same result. When I try to connect to the Ooma it crashes the bluetooth connection screen on the iphone. I got the same result with my wife's iPhone SE. I think there is definitely a compatibility issue with IOS 12. I'm not sure why they don't address this but I'd rather they acknowledge it rather than ignoring it.

gsperl

Post by gsperl » Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:33 am

It's not just you two—I can't connect the Bluetooth to my iPhone XR running 12.1.14. I go through the steps, and the Telo 2 initially pairs (I see the phone in its setup portal). But when I allow the iPhone to pair, it's like the phone's entire Bluetooth subsystem crashes—the Bluetooth on the iPhone switches off for about 20 seconds and then comes back. The Telo appears in the list of devices, but it's disconnected. When I try to connect to it, it fails again (Bluetooth shuts off and then turns back on). I've tried other iOS devices and have also had no luck, so it has to be on the Ooma side.

This is kind of a major issue for me because it used to work on older iPhones of mine. Being able to put my iPhone down and still get calls is pretty important to me.

jtalcott

Post by jtalcott » Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:39 am

Same issue here. It causes bluetooth to shut off and restart. This is a major drag, as I like to use the one home phone for all calls whenever I'm home. I'd like to hear if there's any sort of resolution for this.

kingbeowulf

Post by kingbeowulf » Mon May 13, 2019 10:24 am

Just found this thread and have the same bluetooth issue here. After rearranging the office today and resetting the ooma telo (which took a while and 2 power cycles?), I noticed that bluetooth would not connect on my iPhone 6s iOS 12.2. It pairs but on connection attempt the iPhone BT seems to reset. everything else connects to the iPhone just fine (laptop, headset, AV receiver...).

I note that there was a recent f/w update to 414894. There was a BT f/w issue a while ago; regression?

lcarter194

Post by lcarter194 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:10 pm

I am having an issue with any Iphone se, 6 or 7. That appear installed by failed connect via BlueTooth connection. I did get my Head set to work it. Iphone 7s has been updated to the newest Iphone version.

Bob in SE PA

Post by Bob in SE PA » Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:37 am

My problem is bluetooth connects and Ooma answers incoming calls, but then there’s no audio in either direction just dead air. For outgoing calls dialed from iPhone then sent to Ooma via bluetooth, audio works. What a crummy product!

Jeffw1206

Post by Jeffw1206 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:02 pm

I have iOS 13.1 and it won’t connect to Bluetooth. I’ve called Ooma a few times and each time they blamed it on the fact that I am using the WiFi/ Bluetooth adapter with Ethernet. The WiFi was poor and my Ooma service was almost unusable so I placed it by the router and ran Ethernet.
Crappy service when no one helps