ooma telo air... power up stuck.

Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
budwich
ooma telo air... power up stuck.

Post by budwich » Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:53 am

I got an telo air unit. At power up (plugging in adapter), I only get a light on the "play" button (>) and nothing else. I waited for a long while and no further lights take place. Plugging or unplugging network cable makes no difference. Checked the power out of the adapter, its 5v. It would appear that the telo unit is toast. :-( Is there a hard reset like on routers and such with a "hidden button" or so for resetting the unit?

KADahlen

Re: ooma telo air... power up stuck.

Post by KADahlen » Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:45 pm

Starting today, I had exactly the same problem. Anyone have any idea how to fix it without replacing the Telo?

budwich

Post by budwich » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:34 am

Oh Oh ... I hope this isn't an "epidemic"... :-) I haven't found any way to get out of this "state". I am suspecting its an issue with the adapter at this point but other than measuring the output voltage, I have no other way of testing it to see if it is operating correctly. I have an ooma box but it has a different size plug so I can't even swap the adapters... :-(

budwich

Post by budwich » Wed May 08, 2019 2:54 pm

Finally tracked down a replacement power supply and the problem has gone away and the unit initializes fine. I guess even though the old power supply was putting out the correct voltage, it wasn't putting out enough juice for whatever reason.