Is my port complete?

Need extra help installing your Ooma Hub or Telo system? Let us know.
The Beaches
Is my port complete?

Post by The Beaches » Wed May 22, 2019 4:26 pm

I had my porting request submitted and finally sent an email indicating that my porting would take place on Tuesday. My carrier disconnected my old number on Monday. Unfortunate but I guess that was their prerogative. On Tuesday night at 445pm Pacific, the port was not completed so I chatted with support and was told the group that does the porting leaves at 5pm Pacific. They expected it would be done. No email. No change in the port status. I called my ported number later in the evening and got a prerecorded message that the number was not in service. I called it again today with the same message. I reached out to the live support group and was told the port was still scheduled to be completed but had not been finished. The person on the other end told me they would complete the port and it would take about 15 minutes to work through the system. In the meantime, I should unplug my unit. I did that and I think everything is working but the porting status still says incomplete and no confirmation email was received. Should I worry or is this normal for Ooma support?

The Beaches

Update - Re: Is my port complete?

Post by The Beaches » Fri May 24, 2019 8:09 am

Looks like they finally updated the online status. Unless I checked regularly, I’d have never known. No completion email was ever received.

Rmonio

Re: Is my port complete?

Post by Rmonio » Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:23 am

Question - did your telco disconnect before the port was complete?

The Beaches

Re: Is my port complete?

Post by The Beaches » Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:03 pm

Yes, I was without my phone number for three days. Friends were wondering why my phone number was going to a recording saying it was not in service. The port was done one day later than they said - as Ooma support leaves at 5pm local time. I had to call on the third day to enquire otherwise I suspect it would have taken longer. Never got an email.